Im curious to know what he actually died of. i know he was obese and had chronic illnesses but was it a heart attack or what?
Lane had psoriasis his whole life and also suffered from psoriatic arthritis from the age of about 13. This did not impair his playing but caused difficulty walking, and required treatment with steroids which seriously affected Shawn's weight so much that he weighed over 300 pounds in the years before his death (though Shawn was slim in his youth). He also smoked constantly. On September 26, 2003, Shawn died in a hospital in Memphis, shortly after being told that he would have to remain on medical oxygen the rest of his life. He is interred in the Memorial Park Cemetery in Memphis.
he oded mainlining a cheeseball. that's cheese and heroin.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by OnlyIbanez12
Lane had psoriasis his whole life and also suffered from psoriatic arthritis from the age of about 13. This did not impair his playing but caused difficulty walking, and required treatment with steroids which seriously affected Shawn's weight so much that he weighed over 300 pounds in the years before his death (though Shawn was slim in his youth). He also smoked constantly. On September 26, 2003, Shawn died in a hospital in Memphis, shortly after being told that he would have to remain on medical oxygen the rest of his life. He is interred in the Memorial Park Cemetery in Memphis.

Yeah, i read all of that too, hence why im asking.
its sad, he was an amazing guitar player and just a great guy in general.
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
Quote by DaathMatal
Yeah, i read all of that too, hence why im asking.
Oh, lmao my bad. His heart just stopped. I guess cardiac arrest.
Who is Shawn Lane?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
Who is Shawn Lane?

awesome guitar player who mixed a bunch of different styles together... played in black oak arkansas for awhile in the 70s, if i remember correctly
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by TunerAddict
Who is Shawn Lane?
A really good Guitarist. I hate his music, but he's a really really amazing guitar player.
Hmmmmm.....I guess its off to youtube for me then...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by keithmoon15
awesome guitar player who mixed a bunch of different styles together... played in black oak arkansas for awhile in the 70s, if i remember correctly

He joined them when he was 13 or 14, damn that guy was amazing.
Quote by TunerAddict
Who is Shawn Lane?

someone please school this kid. only one of the greatest guitarists ever.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by TunerAddict
Hmmmmm.....I guess its off to youtube for me then...

I was able to get a hold of quite a bit of his stuff. if you're interested in a review/summary of his various styles and projects, lemme know
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I have a vhs of shawn lane that he made to help teach people how to play guitar. Thats right, VHS
Quote by wafl
I have a vhs of shawn lane that he made to help teach people how to play guitar. Thats right, VHS

I bought that. Good vid.