So, lately ive noticed my 50W VK combo has been feedbacking obnoxiously when i crank it for band practice. This never happened before, even when cranked. Recently a bandmate cranked every knob which made the amp go nuts and feedback alot (yes, bad bandmate). And since then ive noticed the feedback. I'm not sure if it was actually him cranking it to far that started it, but now i can hardly turn it up at practices.

at times it will feedback even when the guitar is turned down (this could be from the cable)

what could it be?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
cable most likely dont plug anything in and crank it if u have ffedback then you have a problem check cab cables and everything to narrow it down
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Try out a different cable, if it's still feedbacking like mad it might be time for new tubes. If it still feedbacks after new tubes look into a noise supressor.
Your tubes may be microphonic. Test this by taking a pencil and hitting the tubes slightly with an eraser. It's normal for you to hear a thump through the speaker when you do so, but if you hear a crackle, that tube would be microphonic and should be replaced.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by MakeItWitChu
So, lately ive noticed my 50W VK combo has been feedbacking obnoxiously when i crank it for band practice. This never happened before, even when cranked. Recently a bandmate cranked every knob which made the amp go nuts and feedback alot (yes, bad bandmate). And since then ive noticed the feedback. I'm not sure if it was actually him cranking it to far that started it, but now i can hardly turn it up at practices.

at times it will feedback even when the guitar is turned down (this could be from the cable)

what could it be?

Well try a different cable

Make sure your plugging straight into the amp - no effects when testing

Otherwise - MXR Smart Gate, Boss NS-2 or ISP Decimator
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by Raijouta
Your tubes may be microphonic. Test this by taking a pencil and hitting the tubes slightly with an eraser. It's normal for you to hear a thump through the speaker when you do so, but if you hear a crackle, that tube would be microphonic and should be replaced.

Yes.
ok, so i tapped one of the tubes (it seemed to make it worse, now i think what im hearing is the crackling sound you mentioned, and it now also feedbacks when switching channels)

if i were to retube, should i just get a jj tubes retube kit for valveking?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
ok, so i tapped one of the tubes (it seemed to make it worse, now i think what im hearing is the crackling sound you mentioned, and it now also feedbacks when switching channels)

if i were to retube, should i just get a jj tubes retube kit for valveking?

No. Look at the VK thread and the VK wiki.