I recently found this for a little over 200 bucks american. i hear nothing but good about carvin and i figured id jump on the chance to get this. just to make sure its not a fluke i figured id ask the all knowing bass forumers about it. does anyone have any experience with this cab? im looking for a slightly bright sound, with some underlying thump and crisp mids. i play a lot of jazz and funk and right now im looking for a really calssic feel. ill be running the cab with a trace rah350smx head and a custom built 1x12 to round my sound. will this carvin be a good addition?

thanks for your input in advance.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I did a little research and the cab is 16" deep instead of the current 18" so it might not get quite the low end a current one would but i'm not sure about that. It does however have the PS10 speakers that they apparently still use in their bass cabs(not the neo ones of course). Most people i saw paid 100-150 for theirs but carvin products seem to lose a lot of value when going second hand for some reason. It should sound great. Defintely should add some nice crisp highs to your sound with good mids. maybe not so much thump due to the size difference but I'm no expert on that sort of thing. Carvin's good stuff and since I'm pretty sure it's a 800watt 4x10 for $200 it seems a good deal assuming it's in good condition. btw they were made in the 1990's.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
yeh my thoughts exactly. they guy told me its 400 watts actually. either way im going to him sometime next week to check it out. im not tooooo concerned with producing some major thump, im sure it can give me as much as ill ask haha. after all im not too demanding of my gear. so i think ill try it out, if its in good condition ill buy it. maybe even haggle a little haha. thanks for doing that research dude, google didnt help me one bit :X
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful