Just got a new guitar yesterday and while I was playing it, it slid from my lap and hit the ground. Thus, resulting in the edge of my LTD Alexi being chipped! I was just curious, is this going to affect the sound quality of the guitar at all and how do I fix it?

Here is a pic..

Hope it doesn't ruin my brand new guitar.
Nope. I don't think that it would affect your sound quality.

But getting it fixed is probably going to be a little pricey. Just take it down to your local guitar store, and see how much it would cost to get it fixed.

Good Luck!
Synyster Custom
Dean RazorBack Explosion
Yamaha Acoustic
Taylor "Baby" Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 3 30 Watt Amp
MXR 6 Band EQ Pedal
MXR Phase 90 Effect Pedal
MXR Carbon Copy Delay Pedal
That sucks.
This question belongs in GB&C,
I'll try and help anyways.

Do you still have the chipped off piece?

Tip:Never sit with a V
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
That sucks.
This question belongs in GB&C,
I'll try and help anyways.

Do you still have the chipped off piece?

Tip:Never sit with a V

No, I don't. I tried looking on the floor (it was in the kitchen) but I can't find it. It must be under one of the china hutches or something.

And yea, I had to learn sitting with a V the hard way. :-(

It's so hard to hold sitting down..Kinda wish I bought a better beginner guitar.
Just sit with the V the right way...go youtube some famous guitarists who uae V shapes and youll see the proper way..i own an jackson RR model and an CBV1122 and theyre the most comfortable guitars to play with
This is why we sit classical style with a V.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
thanks guys! didn't know how to sit classical with a V. lol. i'm new. i was just hoping that this wouldnt affect the sound of my guitar in anyway since it's my first.
Quote by King_Ov_Rats
No, I don't. I tried looking on the floor (it was in the kitchen) but I can't find it. It must be under one of the china hutches or something.

And yea, I had to learn sitting with a V the hard way. :-(

It's so hard to hold sitting down..Kinda wish I bought a better beginner guitar.

that's your beginner guitar? mine was a strat lolz
It's not gonna affect the tone at all. A friend of mine has chips all on his Warlock, and even carved into the back of it, and it still sounds the same.
this wont affect your tone and welcome to owning a V. everyone chips the V's. you can fix itby either finding the chip, or fixing it with wood filler if you have and experience with wood work
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
cant you use a strap while you sit with it? (btw i dont own a V)
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice