My skills of knowing songs with solos in is limited – I’m certainly not one to remember the 20-120 seconds (and longer) of solo guitar playing, but what makes a great solo for me, would be one that can convey the emotion of the song. In my opinion, the second solo of “Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd” would have to be my favorite and the most powerful that I’ve ever heard. Not necessary fast paced or in the top 100 hardest guitar solos, but the difficulty is in conveying that level of emotion in the playing.

What is your favorite solo?

And being new here, I really hope this isn't stickied somewhere - that would be embarrassing...
Tom Morello's solo in "Your Time has Come" (Audioslave) is great. It isn't nessecarily a classic rock style of thing, but it's great.
"Burn the Witch" by QOTSA has a neat one too. It's actually kind of quiet and not extremely technical, but it just meshes with the song well and sounds generally great.
I also have a soft spot in my heart for "Sweet Child of Mine"'s
Dunno if this is appropriate for the Classic Rock section but the 3rd solo in "One" by Metallica is epic but if not the Stairway to Heaven solo.
The best solo is on I Kill Babies With Blunt Objects by The Muderators

but really, as far as classic rock goes, gotta love the Comfortably Numb solos
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
Aqualung solo is my favorite.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!