47 37%
13 10%
13,5billion approx
39 31%
Other
28 22%
Voters: 127.
Page 1 of 2
Double click the small icon in the bottom right hand corner showing the current time, and you shall find out what year it is.

But in all actuality, it's 2008, as the year 0 was never counted. It skipped from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D., and year zero was never used. So counting from what should've been year zero, it is currently July 2008.
*Reported*

Nobody post after this, unless you want a banning...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
its 2038. due to year 0 not being counted and that they didnt realize that there was leap year until some time ago.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Oh wait, this thread has almost purpose now. You should've taken what various religions recognize as the current year, and put them in the poll. That would've made more sense
Quote by Fenderhippie69
its 2038. due to year 0 not being counted and that they didnt realize that there was leap year until some time ago.
Ahh, touche. I didn't think about the whole unrecognized leap year thing.
Last edited by ki1327 at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by Fenderhippie69

Interesting, i did not think of that.
200d
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Even if they didn't realize there were leap years, you gain 1 day ever 4 years. For roughly 2000 years, that's only 500 days, just growing on 2 years. That also proves a point that seasons occurred at different times. But still, it would be 2009.

EDIT: this is if we are following the Christian calendar. The lunar calendar in which we recognize to be 5769 does not have leap years, every so often it gets an extra MONTH. As far as I know, this has been done for a very long time.
Last edited by Eliyahu at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by Eliyahu
Even if they didn't realize there were leap years, you gain 1 day ever 4 years. For roughly 2000 years, that's only 500 days, just growing on 2 years. That also proves a point that seasons occurred at different times. But still, it would be 2009.
So it IS actually 2009.

This is actually proving to be an interesting thread.
theres no such thing as years...

Quote by Just Andrew
*Reported*

Nobody post after this, unless you want a banning...

aside from achieving epic levels of faggotry, is there any reason you would report this?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe

aside from achieving epic levels of faggotry, is there any reason you would report this?
There was no poll, so everyone at first assumed it was someone making a dumb thread. Then it turned to be interesting, and no longer constitutes being closed.
Quote by ki1327
So it IS actually 2009.

This is actually proving to be an interesting thread.

mhmm :P: Time is quite interesting. I'm also sure someone will bring in the Mayan calendar.
Quote by Eliyahu

EDIT: this is if we are following the Christian calendar. The lunar calendar in which we recognize to be 5769 does not have leap years, every so often it gets an extra MONTH. As far as I know, this has been done for a very long time.

kudos.

you used logic while i just said a false fact i heard.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Pat_s1t
And the "fact" we're all going to die in about 2 1/2 years.

how can it be a fact if it can't be proven?
i can't wait to die in 2 1/2 years. should be fun.
blahblahblahblahblahblah did you enjoy this?
Quote by Sekluded
Well, this isn't the year I recieved 1 billion dollars in the mail.

oh, sorry. that was accidentally mailed to my house. i was going to mail it to you, but you know, stamps are really expensive.

my bad, bro.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
oh, sorry. that was accidentally mailed to my house. i was going to mail it to you, but you know, stamps are really expensive.

my bad, bro.

Damn you.
Quote by urzafan
i can't wait to die in 2 1/2 years. should be fun.

They theorise that there will be a series of catastrophic events leading up to 21/12/2012 so it might be much sooner for you.
Quote by Pat_s1t
And the "fact" we're all going to die in about 2 1/2 years.

On that day, I will be slouching in my rocking chair on the front porch...

Rocking there branding a daft grin with a gallon jug of semi-purified water in hand hanging loosely off to the side of me. I'll look off at the sunset - folks screaming, hysteria erupts amuck over nothing and I'll take a swig of my hydrator and just mutter an accomplished:

"Heh, heh heh... tits"

Then I'll go inside and continue with life as usual.

Last edited by Zaphikh at Jul 21, 2009,
It's the 1920's ol' boy! Quite the bees knees! Everyone is welcome to hop into the jalopy and head off to the local speakeasy with me. There's a swanky joint uptown. We'll chat up some birds for a little neckin'. It'll be keen.
Quote by Zaphikh
On that day, I will be slouching in my rocking chair on the front porch...

Rocking there branding a daft grin with a gallon jug of semi-purified water in hand hanging loosely off to the side of me. I'll look off at the sunset - folks screaming, hysteria erupts amuck over nothing and I'll take a swig of my hydrator and just mutter an accomplished:

"Heh, heh heh... tits"

Then I'll go inside and continue with life as usual.

Im just gonna die.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Quote by DaathMatal
They theorise that there will be a series of catastrophic events leading up to 21/12/2012 so it might be much sooner for you.

Who's they?
Quote by Zugunruhe

A year is however long it takes the Earth to orbit the Sun. So yes, years do exist. It's just how we split up that year into smaller measurements of time that is more subjective.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Eliyahu
As I'm a Jew, I've got to say 5769.

I have to agree with a fellow jew, it is indeed 5769.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
how can it be a fact if it can't be proven?
I put the word fact in quotes because I was trying to show that it isn't actually fact that we're all going to die in 2012. However, that night will be one hell of a party all over the world, me thinks.

Astronomers have calculated that the astronomical event known as "the Star of Bethlehem" was actually Jupiter eclipsing Regulus, which happened around 4 A.D.

Silly classes in college can actually teach you some pretty interesting stuff.
Page 1 of 2