I'll try to keep it simple!

I only will really be using the OD as a gain boost for solos, and a little volume boost of course. I'm rather inexperienced with OD's, but I hear many give a mid hump, which is not what i'm looking for.

I dont want a linear boost, or EQ, as people tend to still suggest, I just want a little more gain to make leads sing more.

Thoughts?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
You might want to check this out if you just want a gain boost http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M133-Micro-Amp-Pedal-?sku=151104

I'm not real savvy with OD's either so you should probably go to a guitar store to try out a few and see what you like.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

That's a linear boost, isn't it?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Haha GG&A's 0 for 2 so far- as far as a pedal that can add a little overdrive in addition to boost, I would suggest an Ibanez TS9 or a clone like the Digitech Bad Monkey.
Quote by mattocaster99
Haha GG&A's 0 for 2 so far- as far as a pedal that can add a little overdrive in addition to boost, I would suggest an Ibanez TS9 or a clone like the Digitech Bad Monkey.

hah tell me about it. i've been told to just go with maxon instead of ibanez. thoughts?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I know a guy who's trying to sell one- he compared it with his Ibanez TS9, and wasn't impressed an extra 50 bucks. Theres hardly any difference. Though a possible upside about some of the clones (not the Maxon since its the same design) is that they have better switches-- The footswitch is harder to activate when dancing on a pedalboard than most other pedals.
baaadd monkey... its great for single notes and its dirt cheap. personally i like it better than a ts9
an OCD is all you need.
You said you wanted to avoid the mid hump, and a Bad Monkey or any TS clone will give you that mid hump.