Page 1 of 23
begin!

there is an area where i live that has a big car culture type thing going for it thats fun to hang out around, so i thought id see if anyone else on ug was into that kind of thing. if you have a car thats fast, post it!

list the year, model and make, and anything youve done to it

i have an 04 infiniti g35 coupe with a fujita F5 short ram intake system i installed

Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks

pretty sweet, eh?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

this is my 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 fastback. technically it is a joint ownership between me and my dad, but im posting it as mine anyways.

it has a 351c 5.8 litre Ford V8 motor, which is currently mounted to an engine stand in my garage and being taken apart and rebuilt

I am in the process of restoring it. I've got more pics of it if you want to see. It is currently not in the best shape since i bought it for only $9000

my list of what it needs so far is
- both rear quarters need replacing
-engine requires rebuild
- and area of floor needs fixing
- the tranny may or may not need a rebuild
- both bumpers need replacing
- headliner needs replacing
- passenger chair needs refinishing
- weather stripping needs replacing
- needs a real good painting
- some small spots of underbody rust need fixing
-underbody needs to be painted
-engine bay needs to be cleaned and painted
- followed by some here-and-there bolt tightening, etc.

It's got a lot of work ahead of it.

EDIT: in case you're wondering, the pictures were taken on the car lot where i bought it. as you can see by the tire marks, i got a little excited that day.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 21, 2009,
this ones more about mods than just cars. this is cars that have been worked on
Lunatics on pogo sticks
heres my integra
not too much done to it besides a couple bolt on mods.

H&r sports springs
Apexi Ws2 exhaust
Rota Slipstreams on Kumho ectas

Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
hell yeah, THIS thread ftw.
anywho, i have two cars . a 95 240sx and a 96 eclipse gs. my 240 is very clean, bright red, and bone stock, as i want to keep it that way because i love that car and i want to keep it around at least until my future kids start driving.
my eclipse doesnt have any crazy/serious mods to it. i have a aem v2 intake (which sounds WONDERFULL) on it, full greddy exhaust system, and hks cams and gears. it was maroon(purple) but i have painted it flat black, and i plan on putting some 6 spoke 18 rims finished in matte black this coming spring. its currently sitting on the stock gs alloys wrapped in falken fk-452's.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jul 21, 2009,
I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee with some sweet Gravel Road Dust all over it.

My car is so full of failure.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
This should be like the American car thread because the other thread is full of european cars I dont know anything about.

Heres a horrid picture of the Vette.

Here's the Mustang.

New Quarters
4 wheel Disc
92 Cobra FE 302
Ford Aod Trans
New fenders, Doors, and just about everything else its just not on the car.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Jul 21, 2009,
this thread is about americans and imports and TUNERS, not RICERS, but TUNERS. yes theres a big difference people!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
I have a deep hatred of Ricers, they're a plague to the automotive society.
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
Quote by BlackIce87
I have a deep hatred of Ricers, they're a plague to the automotive society.

are you referring to my car?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
No, I like G35's they resemble Z's somewhat and I LOVE Z's. Im talking about your typical Honda that sounds like a P'Od bumble bee.
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
Quote by BlackIce87
No, I like G35's they resemble Z's somewhat and I LOVE Z's. Im talking about your typical Honda that sounds like a P'Od bumble bee.

mine sounds like an ill tempered bumble bee
Lunatics on pogo sticks
First one: 2004 Chevy Silverado

Standard work truck, no carpet in the floors, when I wrecked it (basically slid it into a ditch, long story) I had the opportunity to put the bumper covers and roll pan on so I did. Has the 4.3 litre V6 with Bosch Titanium-Iridium spark plugs, K&N Cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series, and dual bowtie tips. Whenever I get a job I'm going to put new spark plug wires on, royal purple transmission fluid, Z-Max treatment, maybe a affordable chip. Can keep up with any smaller V6s, beat 2 4.7 litre 4 door dodges (yea i know big size different) 4 door F-150 with the 5.3, all ive raced for now.

Second: 1985 Chevy Silverado K1500

My grandpa gave this to me for my 16th birthday (turning 20 in october) Currently has a blown head gasket (thanks dad for running it outta water) I don't want to change anything on this truck, except put stacks off my grandpas old 72 freightliner (with the round rain flaps on top) with this has the 6.2 litre diesel in it and my grandpas had the Detroit in it too so I think that'd be pretty cool. Put new all terrain tires on it, and just little odd and end type stuff

Blog end lol
Quote by Strato-Massacre
this thread is about americans and imports and TUNERS, not RICERS, but TUNERS. yes theres a big difference people!

who mentioned ricers? If i see a single ricer car in this thread i will snap
Quote by BlackIce87

RACING SPOILER ON FWD?! FFFUUUUUU-

****ing ricer ****. I had to watch the first vid of the 300zx a few more times to get that accord **** out of my ears. even if it's NA, i love the 300zx so much. that was the first car to ever really draw me to Nissan.
This is my old truck...

It had a 383 stroker. Fully built with hyperetectic pistons. Forged H-beam connecting rods. A Lunati crankshaft. Full port and polished heads with Crane valves and Lunati Voodoo cams. Edelbrock Performer intake with a Performer 650 cfm 4-barrel carb. Turbo-400 tranny. Summit Racing headers into 2.5" pipes with 18" Thrush glasspacks. 3.83 gears in the rear end.

This truck was my baby... Unfortunately during the engine swap I busted the heater core in the middle of winter so instead of fixing it I sold it. But she was a beast. For 4,000 lbs it would spin completely around if I gassed it at the wrong time. It ran a 1/4 mile at 10.88. Total monster...
Lol this is what the guy posted in the description.

"RICE fueled automobile! very EFFICIENT!
I use SESAME synthetic oil, 200 miles per "SACK OF RICE" which is only $18 in ur local asian store. RICE = is the answer to AMERICA'S OIL CRISIS. so join us and BE RICE! by the way i only change my sesame oil every 2 years, 4 quarts, 1 quart cost like $1.50 in asian store. now thats effiency! oh by the way, if u wanna be rice and u got a domestic car, it wont work out man, u gotta buy only asian cars man like honda, toyota, mitsubishi. in order to be rice powered. so buy now and be rice!"

Edit: I get my License on Nov. 17 and my first car is going to be a Z. Unfortunately I cant get the TT model because my dad would completely flip so NA is the only way I can go. I plan on doing the TT conversion later though.
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by BlackIce87
Lol this is what the guy posted in the description.

"RICE fueled automobile! very EFFICIENT!
I use SESAME synthetic oil, 200 miles per "SACK OF RICE" which is only $18 in ur local asian store. RICE = is the answer to AMERICA'S OIL CRISIS. so join us and BE RICE! by the way i only change my sesame oil every 2 years, 4 quarts, 1 quart cost like $1.50 in asian store. now thats effiency! oh by the way, if u wanna be rice and u got a domestic car, it wont work out man, u gotta buy only asian cars man like honda, toyota, mitsubishi. in order to be rice powered. so buy now and be rice!"

Edit: I get my License on Nov. 17 and my first car is going to be a Z. Unfortunately I cant get the TT model because my dad would completely flip so NA is the only way I can go. I plan on doing the TT conversion later though.

i told you in that thread the other night that the guy up the road is selling his yellow convertible NA z.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by EJD
(Invalid img)

One day...

this thread is for modifications to existing cars YOU have or had, not your dream car...
just saying.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i told you in that thread the other night that the guy up the road is selling his yellow convertible NA z.

I know I told my dad but he said columbia was just to far of a drive
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
Quote by BlackIce87
I know I told my dad but he said columbia was just to far of a drive

well thats balls. my dad easily jumped on the chance to take me to fl to get my 240, and to indiana to get my eclipse.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
well thats balls. my dad easily jumped on the chance to take me to fl to get my 240, and to indiana to get my eclipse.

I got my mustang in Flat Rock, Michigan... I live in toronto Canada. it's ALWAYS worth driving to go and get the car, because you get to drive it back
^i didnt get to, i didnt have my license at the time i got either of them. hell it was 4 months until they even let me drive to edisto beach, which was 45 minutes from the house.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do to my car next? its the first post, and all i have done is put a short ram intake in it which i LOVE. when you give it gas you can hear it sucking the air in, almost sounds like turbo sometimes because it only makes the noise at random times after the car has been running for a while. so any other suggestions?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do to my car next? its the first post, and all i have done is put a short ram intake in it which i LOVE. when you give it gas you can hear it sucking the air in, almost sounds like turbo sometimes because it only makes the noise at random times after the car has been running for a while. so any other suggestions?

well for starters, you should have manned up, saved some money, and bought a FULL AEM intake. next obvious move is to do a full new exhaust system, headers, cat, etc. id suggest GREDDY parts for that, but there are others, and cheaper ones. i just like the best of the best, so thats why i put those on my car. my exhaust system was all about 900 dollars total.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by rnrsoldier1461

i CBA to check OK, but you're the guy with the G35 right?

the first things you could do, would be to put in a new camshaft, give the engine a good overall tune just to get it back to how it was when it was brand new, put on some new headers ( i like long tubes) add a new exhaust system (whatever you do don't add glasspacks.) V6 engines sound terrible with glasspacks, one of my friends has Borla stingers on his, and while the power won't change very much the sound is AMAZING. you could also possibly change the coils in your suspension and maybe lower it a bit)

EDIT: Also, +1 to Strato, greddy parts are fantastic, however they are pretty expensive, not the MOST expensive but It'll be more expensive than something from Borla or Flowmaster
bolt-ons FTW!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
EDIT: Also, +1 to Strato, greddy parts are fantastic, however they are pretty expensive, not the MOST expensive but It'll be more expensive than something from Borla or Flowmaster

well im always the guy who chooses quality>quantity. plus, something about flowmaster parts on a japanese import (my eclipse for example) just doesnt seem... "right", ya know?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by Strato-Massacre
well im always the guy who chooses quality>quantity. plus, something about flowmaster parts on a japanese import (my eclipse for example) just doesnt seem... "right", ya know?

yeah they're an american/german kind of brand. Borla's sound really good though. however if TS has the money, you can't beat NIZMO parts. especially on a nissan or infiniti.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
yeah they're an american/german kind of brand. Borla's sound really good though. however if TS has the money, you can't beat NIZMO parts. especially on a nissan or infiniti.

+ f*ckin 100. to me, nizmo=theyre parts are just soooo expensive though. thats the REAL reason i havent modded my 240 yet, because i only want to put nizmo parts on it, the best of the best, but i cant afford any... yet
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
well for starters, you should have manned up, saved some money, and bought a FULL AEM intake. next obvious move is to do a full new exhaust system, headers, cat, etc. id suggest GREDDY parts for that, but there are others, and cheaper ones. i just like the best of the best, so thats why i put those on my car. my exhaust system was all about 900 dollars total.

i dont see how a full ( and by full i assume you mean cold air) aem intake system would have been manning up, its my preference

this looks and sounds damn good

Lunatics on pogo sticks
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
i dont see how a full ( and by full i assume you mean cold air) aem intake system would have been manning up, its my preference

this looks and sounds damn good

because at the end of the day, aem makes the best sounding/performance enhancing intake on the market. more specifically, their V2 is probably one of the best bolt-ons. and i didnt mention the V2 before because i didnt want to assume what your engine bay looked like, but after seeing it, the V2 would look 10X better than the one you have on there now, and sound alot better.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Strato-Massacre
because at the end of the day, aem makes the best sounding/performance enhancing intake on the market. more specifically, their V2 is probably one of the best bolt-ons.

if you want to talk about "manning up" lets talk about the cars you have then and see how manly they are haha. i didnt want to spend about 300 bucks for a mod that doesnt make a whole lot of a difference in the grand scheme of things, its just a little breather mod. if your argument is that the aem v2 would have added more horsepower or increased my gas mileage significantly more than the fujita F5, then good luck with that argument.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
if you want to talk about "manning up" lets talk about the cars you have then and see how manly they are haha. i didnt want to spend about 300 bucks for a mod that doesnt make a whole lot of a difference in the grand scheme of things, its just a little breather mod. if your argument is that the aem v2 would have added more horsepower or increased my gas mileage significantly more than the fujita F5, then good luck with that argument.

what's not manly about a 240?

you're in no position to be questioning a dude's manliness when he has a classic nissan, and you have the skyline that no tuners bother tuning

mine is the most manly ololololololololol
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 22, 2009,