im 15 years old and last summer i sold a bunch of my stuff and saved up and bought a really nice mountain bike. its 2500 new i got it for 950 used in really good shape. i bought this so i could race this summer but i never did race and now summer is running out. i really love mountain biking and i love having this bike. i am starting to outgrow it and the time to sell it is now. i dont want to sell it but i want a new amp. the amp i have is a crappy crate with an even crappier multi fx pedal thing but i sort of like the sound i get from it. i play in a band and we are really starting to go somewhere with it. i guess i need your help deciding wether to sell the bike and get an amp or keep the bike and hope to mountain bike some more with it which isnt looking like ill really be able to but when i do this is definitely the bike to have.

i was thinking that i could sell it for a grand (which i could do, its worth it and i put it on c list for a while just to see) get the amp and the crucial pedals then use the 250 left and buy a somewhat nice bike that will get the job done when i do ride.

i want both so which should i choose?????????
If you will be gigging can you not hire/borrow amps for when you do? If so then you can save money and and your bike and then when you have enough you could buy like a B-52 amp or something. Or whatever amp suits your musical taste.
well i have no income and have no income. my amp now is 120 watts but its a 1x12 so tone is really well .. combo. i want a half stack and i think this is my only time. btw the amp i have wanted is somewhat rare and there is one at gc right now for cheap so i kinda need to figure out what i want to do. anymore suggestions?
Sell the bike. You're going to outgrow it anyway. You're going to need something that fits you if you're going to race competitively. But then again, if you're racing, you'll need something to train on. But it may not even fit you by next summer. The teens are always a bad time for cyclists.
Quote by worldwidechance
well i have no income and have no income. my amp now is 120 watts but its a 1x12 so tone is really well .. combo. i want a half stack and i think this is my only time. btw the amp i have wanted is somewhat rare and there is one at gc right now for cheap so i kinda need to figure out what i want to do. anymore suggestions?

Eh well Jelifish made a good recommendation and if this amp is that rare (what amp is it?) then you should sell your bike since you can always buy a new one later on.
well its a crate blue voodoo 120 watt half stack. i like the crate sound and the tubes would be really nice. it will probably have a resale value of around 500 in a year or 2 so not a bad investment. or if i like it i might not sell it. that is if its not sold by the time i sell my bike. is there any way to put a deposit on it at gc? i have already let 2 other bv120's slip away, i want this one.
ill try it out first obviously but iv seen some nice ones and i like the sound. i heard if you put an eq pedal in the loop it makes it awesome.
for the money you are getting you should just get a used bugera they are really good for their price.
Last edited by ticklemeasian at Jul 21, 2009,
what i really want is a splawn but thats not going to happen. i really want any high gain half stack. i want a tube amp but i would go for a ss if it sounds right. i want a pantera/metallica type sound.
so get a used bugera 333xl it's basically the peavey xxx it has the same functions and the high gain channels have a very similar sound. a used one should cost around 600 dollars give or take depending who you are buying it from.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Sell the bike. You're going to outgrow it anyway. You're going to need something that fits you if you're going to race competitively. But then again, if you're racing, you'll need something to train on. But it may not even fit you by next summer. The teens are always a bad time for cyclists.
He might not. He might outgrow music, and wish he'd kept the bike.

OP: It depends on what you are really interested in. If you really feel that you won't want the bike anymore (feel, not think) then go for it. If you have any doubt, don't. With this kind of price range and no source of income, you want to be careful to make sure anything you buy is exactly what you want.