Okay, so I finally finished a song and I'm looking for some feedback. One thing, though, I only have the song in MIDI format right now. I don't have my guitar to record it so I just exported it from GuitarPro as a MIDI. I'll re-record it and re-post it eventually.
Anyway, please give any feedback/crit you can. This was all written and recorded in one day.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Defnition/music/all/play661835

It's a track in there called "Containment".

Note: Even though the solo was really just thrown in as a sort of place holder, I actually ended up liking it. It might not be the best, but I thought it came out pretty good. Except it's kinda hard to hear in this, so bear with it.

Thanks.

EDIT: After exporting from GP, I took the MIDI file to a handy site I found (Link below) and converted it. It sorta altered the sound of it too, purposefully, and made it sound different than the default GP MIDI sounds.

http://www.hamienet.com/midi2mp3
Last edited by Defnition at Jul 21, 2009,
man that actually sounded decent in GP lol. i was pretty surprised lol, cant wait to hear the real one man. do you have lyrics/vocals for it at all?

Crit my songs? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166006
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
I do have some lyrics I might use for it, although I'm very new to lyric writing. I can post them if you want, though. For now though I'll go ahead and check out your songs.
that would be great actually, im not much of a lyricist myself, but as long as they're catchy it doesnt matter imo ha
Eh, didn't really dig it. not sure what it is. Maybe a little variation with your main riff would help. Nice choice in guitars btw, I got a shecter Damien to (mine has a FR though)
Quote by hendrixism
Eh, didn't really dig it. not sure what it is. Maybe a little variation with your main riff would help. Nice choice in guitars btw, I got a shecter Damien to (mine has a FR though)

Hey, to each their own. Though I feel the whole MIDI might turn some people off. And I agree with the alteration of the main riff. I'll probably go back and fix that at some point.

Also, Scheters are very nice. I felt I didn't need the FR, though.
And thanks for the response.

And Richardson, I listened to your song and posted in that thread. Good job on it, though.

Here are the (crappy) lyrics I have. Or what I have of them so far.

[Verse 1]
Bottled up inside a lie
Lid held tight tied by the angry cries
Outside weather's fine
but inside does breeds storms
Can't contain the pressure anymore

Will I ever be free?

[Chorus]
Pressure building up
Walls surley soon will break
(Will I ever?)
(Will I ever?)
Now the
Pressure's building up
And I think I've had enough
(Will you ever?)
(Will you ever?)
Stop!?

[Verse 2]
Please Stop before walls come crashing down
I don't want this, what will we see?
I fear for alienation, constantly
reigned down upon me.

I hope I don't blow.

[Chorus]
Pressure building up
Walls surley soon will break
(Will I ever?)
(Will I ever?)
Now the
Pressure's building up
And I think I've had enough
(Will you ever?)
(Will you ever?)
Stop!?
This seem to fit the overall tone of the song very well. lookin forward to hearing it
I gotta say that those lyrics kick a ton of ass, just don't ruin it by getting a singer who can't carry a note and sounds like hes choking on a dildo
Thanks a lot hendrix. And yeahh haha I won't I'm already in a band with someone like that.
Very nice riffs. Sounds good, especially for midi , with real guitars it will sound even better.
You might want to make the drums louder, because i can barely hear them. With vocals it will sound even better (if you have a good singer). The solo should sound a bit louder too. But those are all things that are easy to change when you make the final recording. Post the finished song too because it will sound different with real guitar and vocals.

PLz crit my songs -https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20690290#post20690290