Hello, I sent a search for a similar thread and failed to find something significant. I will find out if there is a different one, because the pit will tear me a new one if so.

Well, I recently built interest to find a Web Cam capable of recording covers for my youtube page. I want something that has a built in microphone that has a pretty decent sound quality to it, well enough to get a pretty good idea of my tone right out of my amp speaker and through the camera microphone. Preferably at least 30 frame per second video recording. Do any of you own web cams that you do covers with? I would prefer doing this just because I don't want to mess with a Tone Port type of product in which I have to sync video and audio, and also get a computerized tone. I want it to seem authentic. Suggest and cameras or any other ideas?
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
You know, I had this same problem. I just opted to buy a digital camera instead of a really good web cam since I didn't have a digital camera at all. Canon 780 IS has HD video recording, so I saved up for that. So far it works really well and the sound is not bad either.
Last edited by burndttoast at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by MyHeadHurtz
....can we make love now?

Cash or check?

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by burndttoast
You know, I had this same problem. I just opted to buy a digital camera instead of a really good web cam since I didn't have a digital camera at all. Canon 780 SD has HD video recording, so I saved up for that. So far it works really well and the sound is not bad either.

Could you provide a link to a store? I'd like to get a camera also since I don't have one, and my webcam tends to make everything green unless you have some very bright lights (It's got a night vision function that you can't turn off).
Quote by Alex Vik
Could you provide a link to a store? I'd like to get a camera also since I don't have one, and my webcam tends to make everything green unless you have some very bright lights (It's got a night vision function that you can't turn off).

Dang, looks like I might be stuck getting a digital camera. Is there power cables for those things? My friend has a max battery life of like... 10 minutes on his..

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Alex Vik
amazon
It's $230 for the black one right now. That's about how much I got it for.

Quote by bloodycomfort
Dang, looks like I might be stuck getting a digital camera. Is there power cables for those things? My friend has a max battery life of like... 10 minutes on his..
Power cord is extra I think. But the battery life is pretty good. If anything, you could always just buy another generic brand battery. Supposedly it's hit or miss with those, but even if you end up buying 3 generic batteries, it still ends up being cheaper than buying a genuine Canon battery.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. YOU CAN BUILD INTEREST!? What supplies do I need.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
i tried usin the camcorder we have here to hook into the laptop but its so old the software wouldnt work on the laptop...any cheap camcorders that work well for sound and vid quality on laptops
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
I have a Logitech one. (Don't know the model)

I found it on clearance at Meijers for $15 the day after I bought a lifecam for $50.

I was happy.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Thanks for the info, looking into a digi cam that's affordable, aha.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW