I liked the DV-8R but I preferred the flame maple version which is extremely hard to get. Anyway if you are going to get the DV-8R I would assume it's a second hand version since it's been discontinued.
Esp
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Well I'm not gonna be gettin it cuz im gonna get the ESP Alexi Pink Sawtooth STD. And the DV-8R is new. In my country most ppl play like Gibson, Fender, and Ibanez so theres plenty of stuff you could find in sum shops old stock. The DV-8 is definitely new and theres 2 hanging right infront of the store xD. I wanna go thru their stock n see wats inside

It would be cool if theres the actual ESP DV8 left in stock
Last edited by MeLodicDethMTL at Jul 21, 2009,
They're probably fairly similar, except i think the AoD has a D shaped neck and the ESP will probably have a U like most of their guitars. Then there are the pickups. Other than that they're the same basic shape so just try them and decide.
even though i have a slight dis-like for dean after the hell that was my ZX

the Mustaines are REALLY good guitars
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Pac_man0123
They're probably fairly similar, except i think the AoD has a D shaped neck and the ESP will probably have a U like most of their guitars. Then there are the pickups. Other than that they're the same basic shape so just try them and decide.

From what I've heard the D neck is actually pretty thin compared to those fender D neck n stuff
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
From what I've heard the D neck is actually pretty thin compared to those fender D neck n stuff

I think fender usually uses C shaped necks, but yes the Dean VMNT neck is fairly thin and feels pretty nice. I tried a VMXT which is fairly similar but cheaper. The neck was nice, but the body felt too light and cheap for me. Other than that it was the best dean i've played