This is my Solo project, of Blackened Death Metal music.

The song is called Born of Unholy Blood and is going to be on my album "Embryonic Worship".

This is just a demo that I made in like 30 minutes, although the rhythm guitar riff I have been working on for about 1 week and I plan to use this in a final recording.
www.myspace.com/cultusservitus

Oh yeah, BTW, the I did all the music. Vocals and Guitar. Drums were EZDrummer.

The lyrics are about Ted Bundy.

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Last edited by Cowslayer at Jul 21, 2009,
Needs lotsa work.
Vocals need to be louder, as do the drums (and you've got a good library of beats to choose from, vary it up!). Work on making the guitar tighter, maybe record two rhythm tracks as well. It'll give you a fuller sound. The leads were cool at parts, but some of the time they just sounded very haphazard.
Has potential, but it's still very rough. Best of luck to you (Necrognome).

Oh, and your profile pic reminds me of a black metal Glen Benton, kinda. And I don't just mean the inverted cross, either. Cheers!
Last edited by AA00P at Jul 21, 2009,
Yeah I know it needs a lot of work.

But I would like advice on the vocals. All I'm really doing is just adding a Reverb effect onto it in Cubase. But I have to be extremely close to the Mic, and even then it sounds really quiet so I have to up the gain by a couple of DB's but it comes out sounding kind of ****ty because it's too much effect and natural enough.

Any tips? I'm using a Samson CO1U USB Condenser Mic (yeah I know, cheap but I'm on a very tight budget) and for the guitar I'm using a Line 6 UX1 Pod Studio.

And by 2 rhythm tracks do you mean 2 different guitar riffs or the same but both panned in different directions to get a stereo sound?

Thanks!
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
A bit of reverb's all you should really need for the vocals. Work on getting the power out of your diaphragm (if you're not already), should hopefully help on improving the vocals. And false vocal chords too I guess? There's a crapload of youtube videos and whatnot on the matter, I'm sure you'll find some helpful ones.

Your guitars should sound better if you double up the same rhythm track but pan each one to the side for stereo winnage. It goes a long way for improving the sound. Also, for the leads, get some more mids and low end in there, it's sounding pretty thin.

Make sure all the parts you record are 100% tight, it sounded kinda sloppy when you overdubbed some of the lead parts.

And remember the drums! For quite a bit of the song, it sounded like a metronome ticking. Get some interesting beats in there.

Oh, and you can cut the first 30 seconds or so, it really doesn't do anything to help the piece.
Try to work out a more definite ending for the song too, than just sorta wanking around after everything else cuts out.
Alright I'm working on some new stuff but when I try to record acoustic guitar, I have to increase the gain on Cubase but I get alot of white noise. Any help to muting it?
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
I'm guessing the white noise is probably just an artifact of the mic, try to get it positioned closely to the guitar. Also, try EQing the recording, maybe lower some of the higher frequencies. Good luck, I'm interested to see how your project turns out.