Hi All,

I've recently getting into Muse in a big way, and i've been wanting to be able to sort of replicate Matt Bellamy's fuzz tone for ****s and giggles.
but heres the thing i really dont really want to spend like $400+ (AUS) on a fuzz factory.

my budget is really about $200(AUS) for this, i've been looking at the following pedal though, the Willsledgefx "The Judge" which is apparently a Fuzz factory clone, does anyone have any opinions on this? will it be able to do the weird and cool oscillation type stuff too?

or does anyone have any other suggestions for a good muse like fuzz for about $200 Aus (approx $170 US)?

Thanks for any replies or suggestions guys

- Matt
you'd also want a whammy pedal to fully emulate his style, that does more of the "weird" noises than the fuzz.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Buy from US ebay and you'll save heaps.
I can get a pretty decent muse sound with my electro harmonix big muff pi
Quote by MacMan2001
you'd also want a whammy pedal to fully emulate his style, that does more of the "weird" noises than the fuzz.

not true, all (edit: most of) the wacky noises are him playing with the stab control on the FF

TS - build a clone, there a dead simple circuit and the parts can be obtained for a pittence, or get someone handy with a soldering iron to do it for you, you will save buckets, i had a FF clone that was spot on with the original, but you cant really get his fuzz tone with it, as bellamy doesn't actually use the FF that much, more for the oscillation, its much to brash and sharp, and he has quite a dark distorted tone, i have a russian bug muff which nails his kinda sounds.
Last edited by lefthandman9876 at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by braydz

save a bit, but they are still around $300 sometimes not including shipping down here.

@lefthandman: i'm only hoping to use it to do the wacky effects and for a little bit of fuzz work, not as a full time pedal hence why i'm not splashing out on the real deal.

the idea of building a clone does sound pretty cool too, but seeing as i just about ****ed the soldering on the tele i re-did i think i'd prefer to just buy one this time
Quote by braydz
I can get a pretty decent muse sound with my electro harmonix big muff pi

These babies can do everything. You should definitely look into getting one... They are about $80 American I think, I'm not sure about Australian though.
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Hi All,

I've recently getting into Muse in a big way, and i've been wanting to be able to sort of replicate Matt Bellamy's fuzz tone for ****s and giggles.
but heres the thing i really dont really want to spend like $400+ (AUS) on a fuzz factory.

my budget is really about $200(AUS) for this, i've been looking at the following pedal though, the Willsledgefx "The Judge" which is apparently a Fuzz factory clone, does anyone have any opinions on this? will it be able to do the weird and cool oscillation type stuff too?

or does anyone have any other suggestions for a good muse like fuzz for about $200 Aus (approx $170 US)?

Thanks for any replies or suggestions guys

- Matt

:cringe:
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Look for a Big Muff Pi on US eBay, or if you want to save further, look into the Biyang fuzz pedals. I only discovered them recently, they sound pretty good though. Can't vouch for their reliability or anything though, they were relatively cheap.
Quote by Oldmonkeys
will the Muff do the oscillations and the like that the fuzz factory will?

I'm really leaning towards getting the will slege pedal I linked in the OP

No it won't oscillate. Although it would in a feedback loop, although it won't sound the same as the FF.