I'm getting a new guitar soon probably a Jackson or ESP. Well I want a fixed bridge and most of the guitars with nice pickups all have Floyd roses. So I decided to get a low end Jackson or ESP and put some good pickups in it.

Well I play metal,hardcore,thrash,deathcore... heavier stuff with a crap load of distortion.

I've heard a lot about GFS crunchy rails and GFS power rails. I've never gotten to play with them myself though, and I don't think I will because most stores don't have them (if any) and you can only buy them online.

Are these good for heavy riffs? also how is the output and gain?

I'm playing a fender strat HH right now, which I personally hate, through a marshall mg30dfx (hate this too, I can't get a good clean or distorted sound from this without pedals), and I've been using a boss metalcore, but my battery died and Ive been lazy and not buying a new one lol.

Another question is if I should go with guitar+pickups or guitar+amp? which would you personally prefer, and what is your suggestion for me?
you'll be better off saving up and getting a higher end model which comes fitted with duncans or emgs as standard. a lower end model isnt really worth any serious players time, it wont last you nearly as long.
why does everyone assume pickups will magically enhance your tone? they do little to nothing. i second post #2, save up for something high end stock fitted with SDs, as it'd be of a decent build quality and if you're that anal about pickups
Rather guitar and amp and guitar and pickups, the amp affects your tone pretty much the most...
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
OK well I have a $400-$650 (not quite sure on budget). I think I'm going to guitar center tomorrow, so I will try out some stuff.
You need to decide on your amp first.

Pickups are used to compliment the tone woods and tweak a final sound. Just cause you change the pickups doesn't mean your tone will move from sparkling clean to down and dirty brootalz. Like others suggest, save up for something better and get better gear first.

I'd recommend you spend money on a good amp and a good guitar before you start swapping pickups.

Having hotter or "metal" pickups aren't gonna change a weak guitar in to a fire throwing, death delivering shred machine.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
You need to decide on your amp first.

Pickups are used to compliment the tone woods and tweak a final sound. Just cause you change the pickups doesn't mean your tone will move from sparkling clean to down and dirty brootalz. Like others suggest, save up for something better and get better gear first.

I'd recommend you spend money on a good amp and a good guitar before you start swapping pickups.

Having hotter or "metal" pickups aren't gonna change a weak guitar in to a fire throwing, death delivering shred machine.

Ok well what amps would you suggest me to try out? I think I'm getting a Jackson JS30KE (the cheapest Kelly) and a amp.
Quote by jimzer
why does everyone assume pickups will magically enhance your tone? they do little to nothing. i second post #2, save up for something high end stock fitted with SDs, as it'd be of a decent build quality and if you're that anal about pickups
huge fail, believe it or not, some of us do play through rigs where a change in pickups can completely change the character of your guitar.
I've used 4 different bridge pickups, 3 different neck pickups through my JTM45, and they all sounded distinctly different and each had their own character.

A vintage Marshall or Fender is really the best platform for testing how different pickups can really sound.