My guitar neck just snapped
and im not really gonna bother fixing it its only a $300 guitar

and ive been needing a new guitar for quite some time now
anyway the real point of this is im looking out for what guitars i should try and i could use some advice

My budget is about $1600 AU which is about $1300 US

my main influences are probly tool , incubus , volta and muse

id prefer not to have a Floyd rose and if possible id like 24 frets but im fine with less

and thats about it . . .

thanks in advance
I looked at schecters a while ago
they seem nice but i heard some pretty terrible things about the 09 models
How'd it break by the way? Oh and if it's bolt on, I'd recomend to get a new neck, and that way you'll have a backup guitar.
Quote by kennel
I looked at schecters a while ago
they seem nice but i heard some pretty terrible things about the 09 models

Like what? I think I have an '08 Hellraiser but I'm not sure. It rocks ass!
how it broke? fell off the stand
whats bad about schecter 09s? i heard theyre terrible quality kuz theyre made in china now

and i could i get some more suggestions kuz really i only have one so far
Quote by kennel
how it broke? fell off the stand
whats bad about schecter 09s? i heard theyre terrible quality kuz theyre made in china now

and i could i get some more suggestions kuz really i only have one so far

The ones made in china are the 09 limited models. MIC doesnt mean it sucks. Nvr heard a complaint about any of the limited eds yet. 08 i hav no idea wat happened since mines a 07 which is awesome
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
The ones made in china are the 09 limited models. MIC doesnt mean it sucks. Nvr heard a complaint about any of the limited eds yet. 08 i hav no idea wat happened since mines a 07 which is awesome

Well I have...I hadn't heard a bad thing about Schecters either except the dislike to their necks by some people...But lately I noticed that lots of people complain about how low quality and cheap they feel...
Anyway back to topic, I'd say look into ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, Washburn, PRS maybe?? Try to find some guitars you like and then tell us which they are so that you get some opinions on them...
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
Quote by FretKiller
Well I have...I hadn't heard a bad thing about Schecters either except the dislike to their necks by some people...But lately I noticed that lots of people complain about how low quality and cheap they feel...
Anyway back to topic, I'd say look into ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, Washburn, PRS maybe?? Try to find some guitars you like and then tell us which they are so that you get some opinions on them...

I kinda agree with the neck problem but nothin on quality
well in response to fret killer

i like superstrat guitars but not too pointy metal ones (RG) and les pauls
im used to playing on a ibanez but i got hand cramps sometimes when playing it so im looking for a slightly thicker more supporting neck
yea I like the look of the MH-NT's but im not too sure about the EMG's
There is no one brand for you to try its all on what you want out of a guitar and the feel and sound of the guitar. try Many different guitars.
kinda off topic but i wanna know how a neck just snaps
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
ok well when you do get a better guitar make sure you store it better
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Quote by kennel

You could always sell them if they aren't your thing.
Quote by kennel

Doubt you can get one for $1600 new tbh. And really, 1600AUD is about $1100USD the way they price guitar gear over here.
I'd look at the used market for maybe a used MIA fat strat or something similar, or new either a Schecter C1 hellraiser maybe a Jackson Dinky. both of those should be under your budget which is never a bad thing.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.