i'm not really sure this belongs here but i'm sure as hell not gonna get a decent answer in the pit.

while in greece i bought a baglama (smal three-course bouzouki, one octave higher) and i'm having a little trouble playing it because of the extremely small neck(the tip,well first segment of any of my fingers exept the pinky can bar all the strings) so i was wondering if i could get any tips on that.

also if anyone knows some traditional greek songs (or anything that will sound awesome on it) to play that would be cool too (i can't fluently read music so if possible tabs please)
Hey man. I dont know Im only familiar with Bouzouki. I dont know how they play them to be honest. Those necks are tiny.

a bunch of tabs here, for Bouzouki though, dont know if they could be played on Baglama http://www.bouzoukispot.com/tabs.php

some info on Baglama
http://www.btinternet.com/~christopher.blackmore/rebetiko/baglama.html

for good songs, check out Tsitsanis and Dallaras. They play Bouzouki but Im sure some of their songs have Baglama in them. They have some really nice songs, especially Dalaras. Tsitsanis is tradiotional bouzouki music.

Sorry I couldnt help out more man.

Btw, where did you purchase your Baglama?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIY90Vxxp0I&feature=PlayList&p=9CDCCF2E58AF58D1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

I dont know if that ^^ song has Baglama in it but maybe you can play it with Baglama.
Last edited by Dookie92 at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by Dookie92
Btw, where did you purchase your Baglama?

Atens, but i couldn't remember the name of the store if my life depended on it.
Last edited by hungryhobo741 at Jul 21, 2009,
Some Nile/Karl Sanders songs had baglama in them.
Check Saurian Meditation/Exorcisms.
Hey, I bought a baglama in athens this summer too. Mine was from the store...Polydorou i think. their website is 'thebouzoukishop' or something like that. Yeah, it seems pretty difficult to find any tabs/chords/etc online. Almost everything you see out there is for tetrachordo bouzouki...makes me wish I'd bought the book and some cds while i was still in athens...
Got mine from the same place as tandjk. It is really nice. Does anyone a good site for chords. I found one but it tells you how to play them but not what they are.
What useless replies from the previous two posters..... OP is obviously talking about the Greek baglama (hint: he bought it from Athens, Greece) and posting videos and turkish artists' pages is a total waste of everyone's time.
Hey Pavlos you want keep your knickers on. Don't you think for your first post you are a little over the top. Cheers
Last edited by tuxs at Aug 14, 2013,
Quote by pavlos.papadaki
What useless replies from the previous two posters..... OP is obviously talking about the Greek baglama (hint: he bought it from Athens, Greece) and posting videos and turkish artists' pages is a total waste of everyone's time.

This thread is a necro bump anyway. I think it's possible to net yourself a warning or a ban from posting to it. If you read the date on the OP, it's in 2009. And while your wisdom is possibly valuable, (although I frankly doubt it), it's been too long in the making, and unnecessary as well....
Cheers Cranky I never saw the date at the top of the thread.