I found quite a few variations of the 2N5088 transistor and I still don't know which version to by:

2N5088
2N5088 BU
2N5088 TA
2N5088 TAR
2N5088 TA_NL
2N5088 TF
2N5088 TFR
2N5088 D81Z
2N5088 J61Z

And I also found that they were available from two firms: Fairchild and On Semiconducter. So I'm stuck now. Can you advice anything?

Thank you.
im pretty sure those designations are just to indicate what company made the transistor and they will all have the same specs.

i usually buy 2N5088's from radio shack since they are always in stock at the one in my town.
All those numbers confuze me all the time. I generraly tend to get the more expensive ones, in hopes that it's the right one.
I also try to get Texas Instruments too. I dunno why, I guess I trust my calculator way to much in math.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by kurtlives91
Get a Fairchild 2N5088 and be happy.

All those in my list are produced by Fairchild actually. I'm looking for any info about what the letters at the end could mean.

Quote by timbit2006
All those numbers confuze me all the time. I generraly tend to get the more expensive ones, in hopes that it's the right one.
I also try to get Texas Instruments too. I dunno why, I guess I trust my calculator way to much in math.

Buying IC opamps I found this is not always true.

p.s. And yes the have at least the same datasheet pdf files.
check the datasheets

pretty sure the letters mean things like thermal impedance and other unnecessary things.