Well you could either go for a humbucker sized P-90 (I would recommend Bareknuckle's Mississippi Queen) or a regular humbucker, but install a coil tap.

I'd go with this though http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ZP-MQ.html
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
I second the BKP Mississippi Queen.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.

Check out the GFS Dream 90/Mean 90.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by Tackleberry

Holy crap that was a good laugh, I need to sig that. *prays he has room in his sig*

Bare Knuckle FTW, although as mentioned before you could just coil tap a humbucker.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
My internet is slow so I can't look at anything besides forums but if the G-400 uses pickup rings then you can buy pickup rings to suit a single coil I found one on ebay but I don't know if it's still there.
Glad I could provide a laugh at least. Pretty sure it was on an old thread on UG where a guy took the metal cover off to find a single coil inside. There have been a few threads on this same subject of a single coil that fits in a hum spot. You really dont get that true single coil tone out of a split humbucker or a p90. Wonder if there is enough demand that it would be worth it to offer something like this where a true single coil could be dropped into any humbucker guitar without mods or tracking down a special pickup ring?
P90 for sure.
Or like some people have said, a humbucker with coil-tap. In the end, that would probably end up being better.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
P90 for sure.
Or like some people have said, a humbucker with coil-tap. In the end, that would probably end up being better.

Eh humbucker with coil split won't sound like a true single coil though i've used it once and found while it was okay it wasn't anything spectacular though it was on a crappy humbucker so that may have been why.
Quote by 1nSingularity
I live in Australia. Could I get this without having to order it from the UK?

Yes you could but I do believe it's cheaper to go through the BKP shop.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Eh humbucker with coil split won't sound like a true single coil though i've used it once and found while it was okay it wasn't anything spectacular though it was on a crappy humbucker so that may have been why.

Also some humbuckers sound more authentic when split than others.
Quote by Tackleberry

i think airline guitars also had these as well. i'm pretty sure i saw a place where you could buy reproductions of the airline pickups but i can't remember where
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Vlasco
Also some humbuckers sound more authentic when split than others.

That's very true.

Have you ever coil split an EMG? I tried it on a Schecter Hellraiser C-1, I'm not even a big EMG fan and I thought it sounded pretty good. Hell this may just be a personal preference but I kind of liked it better than the Strats that were on display, although that Olympic White Strat with the custom FR and Pearly Gates in the bridge seriously caught my eye.

D'ah phuk, now I want a strat...and I'm ranting!
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Can't say I can agree, my school blocks YT bigtime.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
The problem with using humbucker sized P-90s if you want a true singlecoil tone is that P-90s don't sound like 'true' singlecoils (or rather, what people always think singlecoils are, i.e. Strat/Tele type). Come to that, the humbucker sized P-90s never sound quite like real P-90s either.

The best thing to do is get a humbucker that is made with seperate magnetic pole pieces like reals inglecoils are, instead of the normal bar magnet design that most humbuckers use. You then either install a switch to flick between full humbucker and singlecoil (coil split) or a switch to run the pickup parallel (parallel/series switch). Of course you could forget the switch and just wire the pickup split or in parallel completely.

Splitting a humbucker like that will give a true single coil tone in every way, though bear in mind that the positioning will be slightly off. Usually when you split the pickup, the coil that is used is the one closest to the middle of the guitar. This means bridge pickups done this way will often sound slightly deeper than a Strat or Tele style bridge singlecoil, and neck pickups will usually sound a touch brighter than the Strat or Tele style. It will also suffer form the same noise, hum and interfance issues that regular singlecoil pickups have, so make sure your guitar is fully shielded to minimise that problem. Also bear in mind since you are using literally just half the pickup, the output will drop to about half too.
Putting a humbucker like this in parallel is often a better choice than splitting it, as in parallel the pickup will remain hum-cancelling. However the output will drop slightly more than it would if the pickup was split, and some pickups can lose clarity when wired parallel.

Generally speaking I think if you want both pickups to have singlecoil tones, go with split humbuckers. If you want just one to have a single coil tone, go with parallel and just raise it up higher or lower the other pickup so the output balance.

For reference, the two main humbuckers that are made for this purpose (I say 'main', they're actually the only two I've ever been able to find) are the Seymour Duncan Stag Mag and the Swineshead AMP. The Stag Mag is an overwound Alnico II based pickup that is only available for the bridge position. It is purposefully high output so that when split/parallel the pickup will have a fairly medium vintage output. The AMP is a medium-output Alnico V based pickup that is available for both neck and bridge positions, and has a more balanced tone in full humbucker mode though when split or put in parallel it's output will be very low, so if you like to use your pickups to drive your amp into heavy distortion, they won't do you much good. The upshot of this is their clarity is a bit better than the Seymour Duncan pickup.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Seymour Duncan Phat Cat.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60