http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/NMaten/music/all/play661943

Just a guitar, a mic and me. Written within 30mins of posting.

Let me know what you guys think, I'll be happy to check out your stuff in return.
My Gear:

Jackson Performer PS-7
Korg AX3000G MultiFX
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95FW
Peavey Delta Blues 2x10 30W

Martin DC16-GTE Acoustic

Found my Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95FW in hard garbage... Dead battery but working! Woo!
i think it sounds pretty good, i really do like the picked chords/repeated riff. i think you could do with putting the vocals further forward in the mix, sometimes theyre a bit hard to hear, and thats what the majority of the focus will be on for an acoustic song, IMO.

also, not to be rude, but in the singing, you seem to be slightly flat in some places, but i feel that gives the song a bit of character, call me weird, but it just reminds me that everyones human, and lo fi acoustic tracks, where the artist isnt quite perfect (think iron and wine) is really nice once in a while.

but otherwise, good job, feel free to check out the 2 songs on my profile (covers im afraid)

EDIT: linky

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Stud_Muffin/
Last edited by Stud_Muffin at Jul 21, 2009,
Very nicely recorded. The acoustic melody sounds pretty much perfect, your voice could use a bit more mids in the eq but other than that its really clean. I really love sad/dark music so I applaud your lyrics and I can hear the emotion in your voice which is REALLY rare. Also you have great dynamic control over your voice. (I agree with what StudMuffin said about flatness; its there but not a problem, agreeable actually) If you want to work on this more, I would suggest multi-tracking some higher volume and pitch vocal melody with your original vocal track, it would really make the emotional content of the song stick out.
C4C - "Partita for Implosion" on my profile:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Will+Terhart/music/
I feel as if its in the same sort of mood as your song. I will be re-recording it soon so I would really appreciate anything you can suggest as far as composition.
Ahh, I've always been envious of a voice that can sing in a high range in such an effortless way (my voice is a bit too low, I should work on it...). Your both vocal and guitar phrasing are great, but you are sometimes a bit flat with your vocals. But the emotion is definitely there, no doubt! Well done!

My stuff's a bit more left to the center, but you might find the first song 'Valssi' interesting: www.myspace.com/erkkimela
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
Thanks for the feedback guys.
My Gear:

Jackson Performer PS-7
Korg AX3000G MultiFX

Martin DC16-GTE Acoustic

Found my Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95FW in hard garbage... Dead battery but working! Woo!
Bring out vox more... apart from that, you have a really good voice that suits the acoustic chord sequence.

Really nice chord sequence, and picked notes... how did you make this in 30 mins?

Nice dynamics in voice emphasise on your emotion, and lyrics back this up too.

HOW DO YOU WRITE LYRICS SO FAST??!?!?! I can't write them to save my life!!!

Keep it up,
AJ

Plz can you comment on the midis on my page (so i can perfect them ready for recording)
I have no idea. I write lots of poetry and short stories too so they just sort of fall in to place for me.

A lot of them are always ideas i've had brewing for a while and suddenly I find a way I can meter what I was wanting to say into a line in a song.

Thanks again guys, keep it coming if you're just checking it now I'l be sure to check you out.
My Gear:

Jackson Performer PS-7
Korg AX3000G MultiFX

Martin DC16-GTE Acoustic