Im having trouble with my high notes from like fret 12 and up the ntoes just dont sounds right they sound really dull and dont sound as they should any ideas??
Add a little treble and reverb. Also, make sure you master your vibrato?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
ive been messing around with the sound option but doesnt make any diffference i have treple and reveb right up.maybe my PRS Stagg just isnt suited for slayer solos lol
What amp are you using?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Quote by the_b1ues
Marshall MG SERIES

/problem

The MG leaves a rather dull single note tone, it just sounds whiney. Not to mention a whole bunch of other things but I won't get in to that...

You might have an intonation problem though. Have you fiddled with the saddles at all?

EDIT: Intonation: the pattern or melody of pitch changes in the manner of producing musical tones, specifically the relation in pitch of tones to their key or harmony.

tl;dr Your string is phuked up even though it might be tuned properly.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Last edited by TheJem at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by the_b1ues
EEERM

Found the problem then.
Check the set-up.

If you can't do that yourself, bring it to a guitar store.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
The guitar shop set it up like this in the first place the tighten all the saddles up could that be why. Would that also be why the whammy doesnt work?
Quote by the_b1ues
The guitar shop set it up like this in the first place the tighten all the saddles up could that be why. Would that also be why the whammy doesnt work?

If you asked GC for a set-up, that might be why. Usually they do more harm than good due to their lack of knowledge.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Its a good shop but they all play more Jazzy Blues kind of stuff prob set it up for that not metal.
It doesn't matter, as setup is a setup - it doesn't matter what genre you play, in fact you rely on a good setup more for those kind of genres because you're getting less help from the amp and effects when it comes to getting a good tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Forkman
If you're playing with real old strings that won't help your cause either.

Yeh this maybe be a reason
Quote by the_b1ues
Yeh this maybe be a reason

Take it to the store and try it on another amp?
Use your neck pickup. Add a touch a delay. Add a touch of reverb. Make sure you have a decent tone for slayer dialed in. Use a boost.

Get a new amp!!!
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
lol6 my trouble is i dont no alot out guitars i just try and play them dont no what does what for example lol. Same with ambs dont no which is good and what isnt.
Quote by the_b1ues
lol6 my trouble is i dont no alot out guitars i just try and play them dont no what does what for example lol. Same with ambs dont no which is good and what isnt.

Searchbar help threads. There should be some helpful info there.

Also, channel-surf YouTube. It sounds stupid but there's a few good facts to be learned there.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry