How do these guys windmill and headbang furiously through an entire concert? I watched an amon amarth concert on dvd, and the guitarists where windmilling and headbanging crazily for almost the whole thing, I figured it had to be hard to do, so I tried it, playing along to a few songs with the volume turned up, while headbanging and windmilling, and it wasn't too bad, but everytime I stopped for a second I was pretty dizzy...

well, this is worse than being dizzy. after only like 10 minutes of headbanging and windmilling heavily I now feel sick to my stomach, have a slight headache and am fairly sweaty. How the hell do people do that for a whole concert?

and has anyone else tried this? do you get used to it after a while or something?
Drugs

Edit: I wasn't trying to make a joke, that's really the answer.
Last edited by OnlyIbanez12 at Jul 21, 2009,
They have an excess of awesome
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Coke.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Eh, you know them Jews with lost pennies. /lamejoke
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
they practice for hours in the opposite direction, so when it's time for the concert they do not get dizzy.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by metaldud536
Only talented individuals can do it succesfully.

I can do it fairly successfully... Although, I need to grow my hair a bit longer again for it to look better again
lol, forgot I made this thread, so I'm not the only one? I thought maybe it was just because I never do any physical activity at all and have poor stamina lol
Besides getting dizzy and tired, I also find its sometimes hard to coordinate headbanging and playing the guitar at the same time. Meh
i honestly dont know. I tried it for 5 minutes and had to sit down and take some paracetemol.
Also, dont their necks hurt like so bad after windmilling for so long?
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
It's the atmosphere and adrenalin of it all. You just don't feel anything but the music and the crowd roaring.

Your neck feels like crap as soon as you leave the stage though. lol
Signatures Are Stupid
Adrenaline from playing live shows. People can do things never though possible with pumped up on adrenaline.

For instance: I was reading the newspaper this morning about a soldier wounded in Afghanistan, he was shot twice in the stomach, he said he lifted up his shirt and his intestines actually fell out. He got a surge or adrenaline, pushed them back inside, then ran back to the British lines to find a medic.

You can headbang for forty minutes easily; you only feel the pain once you stop.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
They're obviously too metal for you, and you'll always be inferior.

Pussy.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me