sup UG

ive had mu Line 6 uber metal for a while now, and im startng to get bored of it cos theres not much u can do with the tone,

i was thinking of getting a digitech death metal pedal, cos my friend has a multifx that has an effect based on it, and i kinda liked it

the things that i wanna know are:
1) does it give off a lot of hum if used with a daisy chain, instead of a few adapters
2) is it any good, cos its 50$
3) would it give off too much unbearable hum/noise on a good amp

recommend other pedals that would suit me if u wnt

i play through a sh*t squier sp-10, and an ESP LTD Alexi-200
my main genre is metal (anything really), but i do play anything else really
budget max 100$

thanks
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I heard the bigger your signature the better your tone.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
I heard the bigger your signature the better your tone.

wut ?

i dont like the Death Metal....... go get a Hardwire Metal Distortion instead

or possibly a new amp
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Get a new amp, i was using an SP-10 when i got the DOD death metal and it just made fuzz, then i got a new amp that works well with it.

But i'd still say get a DOD Grunge instead, it has a gain control and is much more versitile; the bad monkey would make a great boost for a tube amp though
Quote by stykerwolf
Didn't you get a tube amp?
ıf you did then a bad monkey would be a good boost, but neither are good pedals...

nope, didnt cos my mom didnt like the idea of me spending more cash on guitar
even tho i own crap stuff besides my guitar and the total ive spent is like 900$ in 2 yrs
then wats a good distortion pedal, the line 6 one sucks ass
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
The dean metal is bad it has no mids at all. You don't want mids for metal but the death metal has none. Get the bad monkey
id love to save up for an amp but i cant get any good tube ones here, and my local store only stocks fender tubes as far as i know, maybe a few randall tubes
so as much as i hate to do it, i think im gonna buy an ss with a good distortion pedal
if i was able to find a good tube ill get it and get a ibanez TubeScreamer for a boost but thats not likely
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by Deanguitarist39
The dean metal is bad it has no mids at all. You don't want mids for metal but the death metal has none. Get the bad monkey

first off,WTF is a dean metal?

Second, Prepare for enlightenment TS,
Here's the verdict, TS, so listen closely and i will bold it for you...
No matter what guitar you have, no matter what distortion, strings, pickups, picks, or any other kind of gear you use. You WILL NOT GET A DECENT TONE OUT OF THAT CRAPPY LITTLE AMP!
Your amp is where over 85% of your tonality comes from

you need a new amp or you tone wont get any better.
so if your wondering why your expensive guitars are not improving you tone, that should explain it.
Last edited by tukk04 at Jul 21, 2009,
how about a boss metal zone?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Metal Muff
guitarguru4 wrote:

...Kerry King just thinks he's the most hardcore thing since the chainsaw.

Quote by Slinov
"I broke a g-string whilst trying to finger A Minor" - Garry Glitter talks about his life and guitar's influence on it.
dude, i know that, my amp is as crappy as hell, its probably worse than an MG/SPider hybrid
so im workin throught the summer to get a good amp, and living in lebanon wont help me either, everything here is like 2 times the price
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by tukk04

you need a new amp or you tone wont get any better.
so if your wondering why your expensive guitars are not improving you tone, that should explain it.

Quote by soloXshredder
how about a boss metal zone?

priceless.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
I think digitech death metal is awesome for the price.. u should get a good amp if u want great tone but if u want something meanwhile and ur budget is low I strongly recommend the death metal pedal
^^^^ Get THE **** OUT if your gonna say **** like that, some of us are trying to help TS and your just undermining the people that are making legitimate suggestions
Quote by dark_gilbert
priceless.

i think he started writing that before i posted
Last edited by tukk04 at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by dark_gilbert
priceless.

i was typing that it b4 i saw his post
wen i already sent it i saw his post and did this
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
If you're just practicing at home, instead of buying what'll basically be a bigger version of the sh!tty amp you already have, why not buy something like a Line6 POD or software like Revalver/Amplitube, so you can get really high-quality tones at bedroom levels?
Quote by kyle62
If you're just practicing at home, instead of buying what'll basically be a bigger version of the sh!tty amp you already have, why not buy something like a Line6 POD or software like Revalver/Amplitube, so you can get really high-quality tones at bedroom levels?

just whatever you do ts do not get a line 6 spider or MG.

but kyle has a good idea, you could get a computer based system but that kinda limits where you can play

TS you might wanna check out a roland cube; plenty of effects and distortions, portable, doesn't take up much room, and has decent tone for an SS amp that size
Quote by kyle62

i've got a tone port gx and its great for the amount of stuff you get for the price

i suggest a roland cube amp too
First suggestion is a new amp.
Second would be the Blackstar DistX pedal. They sound amazing through tube amps, but they actually sound really good through SS amps too, even crap ones.