Hey UG,

I love my Cort x-2 even though it gets some stick.I love the way it plays and it feels so much like an Ibanez.In my set up i will use it for the heavier stuff that we play and my strat for the more funky rock.

The only thing is that when swapping from strat to cort there can be a bit of a stock cheap feel to it. Im going to change the pups it has 2 humbuckers but i dont no what ones to put it.I need them to have alot of bite and punch. I have a budget of £150 for the set.

What should i get?

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
That's a pretty cheap guitar to be upgrading the pickups in but i suppose if you love it you can't go wrong with a Seymour Super Distortion or a Dimarzio X2N or D-Activator X or Bill Lawrence L500XL (from wildepickups.com) for the bridge.

Or on second thought... I don't usually recommend this but you may want to put a set of active EMG's in it since they make every guitar sound pretty much the same and that may not be a bad thing when we're talking about putting them into a cort x2.

Or if you're a real ballin ass mof*cka, try and get your hands on a "Seymour Duncan Livewire Metal" set. 18 volts of madness!
Current amp?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Marshall 40 Watt Valve amp,but don't go on about it, i love it
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
In the last few days I've seen you make threads about a new amp, a new guitar, new pickups, a delay pedal, a 'verb pedal - have you robbed a bank? And what's the point in people taking the time to make suggestions if you're just going to keep changing your mind?
I doubt you can get a set of EMG's for £150 which is a pity as they would sound exactly what you want. The suggestions already made have my vote but be aware, the Wilde's wouldn't be as raucous as the others. Just about double the stock ones in the X2 but the sound is sweet with great definition. Best value for money of all of them.
Really, any of them will make your Strat sound a bit tame when you switch around.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by kyle62
In the last few days I've seen you make threads about a new amp, a new guitar, new pickups, a delay pedal, a 'verb pedal - have you robbed a bank? And what's the point in people taking the time to make suggestions if you're just going to keep changing your mind?

Im completing a GAS list so i wont need to make any more post. And if people didnt post those threads there would be no need for a forum.
My Gig Rig...

Quote by ChiliFan01
Im completing a GAS list so i wont need to make any more post. And if people didnt post those threads there would be no need for a forum.

GAS lists are pointless for "planning" what you'll buy in the future.

New products always come out and you'll always change your mind.

I bet you'll change your mind about everything you've made a thread about, wasting everyones time.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
GAS lists are pointless for "planning" what you'll buy in the future.

New products always come out and you'll always change your mind.

I bet you'll change your mind about everything you've made a thread about, wasting everyones time.

Nope,said id get a ds-2 and i did,said id get a muff and i did,said id get a crybaby and i did
My Gig Rig...

Quote by ChiliFan01
Nope,said id get a ds-2 and i did,said id get a muff and i did,said id get a crybaby and i did

Guitars, amps, pickups and 'verb pedals are very expensive and come in a variety of tones etc.

You''ll change your mind.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Guitars, amps, pickups and 'verb pedals are very expensive and come in a variety of tones etc.

You''ll change your mind.

Well your input will help me do that
My Gig Rig...