So here's this song I wrote awhile ago called The Machine. My buddy and I finally got around to recording it so yeah...C4C.

HERE
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Great clean tone. Your vocals are really well performed but need more high end in the mix (sounds a little muffled by the mixing) Same with the distorted guitar; the tone is on the right track (liking the grungy/grainy texture) but needs more presence and volume. Drums sound really good; your page says you need a drummer, so is that a drum machine? If so, it sounds almost live. The bass is hardly noticeable and I would say turn it up some.
Your songwriting is really tight here. The way the rhythm guitar chord progression and your vocal melody go together are really nice. I would suggest getting rid of those weird little loops at the end; this song sounds like its got some heavy subjects in the lyrics and those just sound silly so its a bit off-putting.
Overall this is a really solid song that just needs a little better recording and mixing technique.

C4C - Song on my profile "Clypaesteroida: Iteration 4"
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Will+Terhart/music/all/play657047
Wow thanks a lot for that. I know the recording is weak but I'm more interested in songwriting criticism and what you have to say is very insightful so thank you. I'll be sure to check out your tune.

Also, the drums are live. My buddy plays the drums and actually we're starting a new trio with him on drums so our page is a little behind when it says we need a drummer.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Last edited by imdwalrus at Jul 21, 2009,
This is a good song, just some things need to be mixed better, the bass drum need more volume and tremble, and your voice needs to come up a bit. I love how you mixed the two voices together. But just bring up the volume in the voices and I'll crit your lyrics, because I cant really hear them.