Page 1 of 2
Once I have my new bass and amp I'm starting saving up for an EHX Bass Blogger, there's a video of a weirdy beardy guy using it with a looping pedal a drum kit and I was just... WANT. I really want a good phaser or flanger (combine with Bass Blogger for stonerrockgasm) but I haven't seen or heard any particular one that appeals to me.

Edit: Here's the vid I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nGvMoPLX0

A bass balls pedal would be nice too but I would use it enough to cover the £30. How I long to be rich...
Last edited by Spaz91 at Jul 21, 2009,
oh man, right now i have a huge want on for the Roland Jet Phaser. its a shame its dicontinued. And also that they sell for 500$ on the Bay.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
EHX Bass Big Muff
Wounded Paw Attack Goat
Wounded Paw Battering Ram
EHX Bass Microsynth
An Octave Pedal
Boss TU-2/Korg PitchBlack
Snarling Dogs Bootzilla Wah/Fuzz
Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI
etc.....

I really need a job

stratkat
custom neck thru ibanez iceman 7 string. it will be mine... oh yes... it will be mine. (no seriously... i put a deposit down on it...)
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by konfyouzd
custom neck thru ibanez iceman 7 string. it will be mine... oh yes... it will be mine. (no seriously... i put a deposit down on it...)

You're a long way from home, boy.
Quote by Spaz91
You're a long way from home, boy.

yea i know... i reread the thread title after i posted. apologies. but i'm GASing for bass equipment too.

i want a pair of bartolini MK5cbc's and a kahler 7415
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Spaz, don't bother with the bass blogger it's a terrible pedal. I had one for a while and sold it. The fuzz channel is like a weak tamed version of the big muff and the OD channel is just rubbish, it's completely useless. There's no way to get rid of the stupid mid scoop so you're always lost in the mix and the tone control only seems to work at the extremes, it's either stupidly bright or stupidly muddy but always with nonexistant mids.

As for me, I'm after a ZVex Woolly Mammoth fuzz, a Rocktron Deep Blue chorus, an MXR phase 90, an EQ pedal, some sort of Mutron style envelope filter and finally a bass modded Boss DS1
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
ebs valve drive
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
EBS IQ
EBS chorus
EBS compressor.
Fulltone bass drive
Bootzilla fuzz wah
EHX bassballs
Some cool delay.

But as im selling my amp this will all have to wait for a mo.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by reidy8
I want the mxr bass blowtorch. Looks mighty awesome.

Heres a link if anyones interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZ9NW17ekE&feature=PlayList&p=622958088B9FB91E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

The way the video built it up I was expecting something magic, turned out really disapointing though. My have been the EQ of the bass being far too trebly and not bassy enough though.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I want me a Moog Taurus board, but I can't justify the $2k pricetag of the new limited run reissues.

why would pay that much for a pedal board when they could use that money to get a giant Ampeg stack? (Unless they are, of course, filthy rich bastards who already own an Ampeg stack.)
Last edited by Spaz91 at Jul 21, 2009,
The only thing I want I the fulltone bassdrive and a decent wah....I don't have much time to play with pedals so if I did I might have a much longer list
Quote by skater dan0
Spaz, don't bother with the bass blogger it's a terrible pedal....

It sounded brilliant on the video, but then again there was no overbearing guitar in that.

Suggestions for a different smooth fuzz/overdrive pedal for <£60?
Quote by Spaz91
It sounded brilliant on the video, but then again there was no overbearing guitar in that.

Suggestions for a different smooth fuzz/overdrive pedal for <£60?

I'd save up the extra £40 or so for an MXR blowtorch or MXR El Grande bass fuzz
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
the El Grande sounds pretty good but the Blowtorch seems ironically weak. I don't mind paying that much I just don;t think I have the self control to save up twice as much.
Big Muff Pi Bass, if i can find one and try it out

and

Boss RC20-XL for looping fun
Quote by Spaz91

why would pay that much for a pedal board when they could use that money to get a giant Ampeg stack? (Unless they are, of course, filthy rich bastards who already own an Ampeg stack.)

It isn't a pedalboard. It's a bass synthesiser footpedal keyboard. And I don't like Ampeg.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I want me a Moog Taurus board, but I can't justify the $2k pricetag of the new limited run reissues.

Fixed.

As for me, nothing at the moment. I was planning on buying an Attack Goat pretty soon, but at the moment I have other things to spend my money on.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Spaz91
the El Grande sounds pretty good but the Blowtorch seems ironically weak. I don't mind paying that much I just don;t think I have the self control to save up twice as much.

The Blowtorch actually has quite a lot of gain on tap, and it sounds pretty good. However, it is always very controlled and musical.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It isn't a pedalboard. It's a bass synthesiser footpedal keyboard.

My bad.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And I don't like ampeg.

"Those words... can they be used in that particular order?"

/Spongebob
a real rig- something nice, maybe will a valve pre? i dunno, but whatever. a big, floor rumbling, house-destroying rig.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Trust me, I will be making my case for a Moog Taurus and a theremin when we get details of our equipment budget

What label are you on btw?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by EuBoat
EHX Bass Big Muff
Wounded Paw Attack Goat
EHX Bass Microsynth
An Octave Pedal
Boss TU-2/Korg PitchBlack
Snarling Dogs Bootzilla Wah/Fuzz
Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI
etc.....

That's a lot of kit, especially for someone with in their sig :p
oh wait...

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Looking for a phaser, but I'm not so keen on those that run on a LFO. I was very impressed with the rise and fall modes on the Boss, but the tone didn't blow me away.

Also looking for a chorus and octaver.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Looking for a phaser, but I'm not so keen on those that run on a LFO. I was very impressed with the rise and fall modes on the Boss, but the tone didn't blow me away.

I don't know if it runs on an LFO, but I have a Phase 90 and I like it a lot.

I'm gassing for:
MXR M288 bass octaver
BYOC Large Beaver (rams head version. probably get it preassembled)
Aphex Punch Factory
Blackstone Appliances Mosfet Overdrive 2Sv3
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by gm jack
However, it is always very controlled and musical.

jackass statement of the year.

The Blowtorch has so much gain you can get real synth style sounds, fart sounds even. I dropped the $220 (Canadian) for one about 6 months ago. Worth every penny. The only thing I wish it had was 2 stomp buttons, the option of having 2 settings at once would be amazing. Great quality pedal though.

The real reason I clicked the topic was to see what the hell "GASing" is.

I want a Dunlop Bass Wah and of course to be up to the tits with MESA gear...Maybe in 10 years
Quote by Stingray5
I want ... to be up to the tits with MESA gear...Maybe in 10 years

i want some mesa stuff too, maybe a cab then a M9 carbine. the only thing is they don't do 118s, I want one so bad, specially as i might restring my 6er F#BEADG, so i'd need a HEFTY speaker setup... yeah, that's my gas list- an M9 carbine running into a 118 and a 412... that would kill people!

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I know GAS means like you want (i'm prety sure, but I have been wrong before), but what does GAS stand for?

and if it does mean want....I want to try out one of the Tele/Precision basses Sting uses. I don't know how it sounds in first hand, but everyone I've heard who plays one makes it sound great (Sting and ZZ Top guy...). So I'm hoping I'll run across one to try soon. Pkus I love the looks of htat bass, too.
Try adding more delay.
Quote by Spaz91
Gear Aquisition Syndrome. Its meant to be an effects thread but I have to agree with you, do want.

much thanks as always, Spaz.
Try adding more delay.
Digitech Bass Whammy and some type of multieffects pedal, because I aint gots much moneys.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Compressor, octave pedal, wah, and DI are my highest wants. The rest are just for replacements, or having a second of a certain type.
Page 1 of 2