i've been looking at buying a new guitar and have narrowed it down to a few guitars that i believe to meet my standard. im looking to spend around $1000 and these guitars vary on this price. the elements of a guitar that i have marked as required include: (original) floyd rose, emg pick ups, super strat body and 24 frets. the guitars that i have found are the:

schecter hellraiser c1-fr

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-SCHHELLC1FR.html

esp ltd mh 1000 fr

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

dean dc6 floyd

http://www.beatstreetmusic.net/product_info.php?products_id=7975&sid=28992479ca47222f30a811f13682623e

i like elements of each of the guitars but each have their drawbacks such as:

the mh 1000 doesnt have an original floyd rose but a 1000 series tremelo

the dc6 has a bolt on neck

and im not so keen on the head of the c1-fr

so my question is does anyone know anything about these guitars, own one of these and can tell me about it, if they are worth their dollar and what their drawbacks and advantages are. OR if there is another guitar around this price range that meets the requirements.

thanks in advance!
ESP LTD MH 1000 Deluxe FR
Ibanez IC400
J&D JD-LC2 (w EMG 81s)
Epiphone VeeWee
Ashton Steel String
Fender Strat (hated)
Line 6 Pod X3 & FBV Express
ENGL Invader 150w

For Sale
Line 6 Pod 2
Boss GT-8
Randall RG75 G2 75W 1X12"
I've played all three of them, I really disliked the Dean's tone and appearence. Tonewise I think the schecter is the way to go, LTD is good to, but misses some "punch". I can't say anything about the tremolo because I barely use it:p
Mh1000...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by konfyouzd
Mh1000...

Why?? You're comment is a lot more useful if you give some arguments
My Cort has all that except the OFR but the Cort one is very good. Plus it has an Ebony fretboard, wide, flat profile and little touches to make a gigging musician's life a bit easier. I love the rubber rings on the metal knobs, for example. So positive to make quick adjustments. The back of the neck is satin finish, like the rest of the guitar and that allows fast movement. The styling is a love or hate, of course.

Oh and a good bit of change in your pocket.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by Antis0cial
Why?? You're comment is a lot more useful if you give some arguments

just a personal preference thing. i like the way they play. i don't remember if they're neck thrus or set thrus, but either way the heel is more or less non existent and if i recall correctly they come with an EMG 81/81 (maybe it's 81/85... don't remember that for sure either, but i like both configurations) active set and a floyd rose.

i dig the floyd style bridges first and foremost for the tuning stability, which i know can also be achieved with a fixed bridge and locking tuners, but you can't dive bomb and flutter on a fixed bridge and return perfectly to tune every time.

i also enjoy the flatness of the action with a floyd rose. i don't know if flat is a good descriptor, but maybe i can convey what i mean by comparing it to the TOM bridge. everyone knows how the strings begin to ramp upward toward the bridge on a TOM. this doesn't happen on the floyd and i prefer the way this feels.

anything else you'd like to know?
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by konfyouzd
just a personal preference thing. i like the way they play. i don't remember if they're neck thrus or set thrus, but either way the heel is more or less non existent and if i recall correctly they come with an EMG 81/81 (maybe it's 81/85... don't remember that for sure either, but i like both configurations) active set and a floyd rose.

i dig the floyd style bridges first and foremost for the tuning stability, which i know can also be achieved with a fixed bridge and locking tuners, but you can't dive bomb and flutter on a fixed bridge and return perfectly to tune every time.

i also enjoy the flatness of the action with a floyd rose. i don't know if flat is a good descriptor, but maybe i can convey what i mean by comparing it to the TOM bridge. everyone knows how the strings begin to ramp upward toward the bridge on a TOM. this doesn't happen on the floyd and i prefer the way this feels.

anything else you'd like to know?

No, I'm not really intereseted in getting a new guitar, but the poster is and it's a lot more helpful if you putin some arguments. I like the LTD too, but tonally I like the shecter more, and I never use tremolo, so it just comes down to what you want
Quote by Antis0cial
No, I'm not really intereseted in getting a new guitar, but the poster is and it's a lot more helpful if you putin some arguments. I like the LTD too, but tonally I like the shecter more, and I never use tremolo, so it just comes down to what you want

see... i like schecters and a lot of people complain about the necks being WAY too fat. i wouldn't say they're WAY too fat, but they're just a tad thick for my liking. it's manageable even though it takes a little getting used to for me but i much prefer the feel of ESP, Ibanez and Jackson necks. they all tend to be a little thinner. a USA jackson would be ideal, but then again you're looking at $2k. that neck BETTER be sweet!
Quote by konfyouzd
see... i like schecters and a lot of people complain about the necks being WAY too fat. i wouldn't say they're WAY too fat, but they're just a tad thick for my liking. it's manageable even though it takes a little getting used to for me but i much prefer the feel of ESP, Ibanez and Jackson necks. they all tend to be a little thinner. a USA jackson would be ideal, but then again you're looking at $2k. that neck BETTER be sweet!

Nothing beats USA jackson for metal. But you're right, I like thin necks too, if you want to play the fast trashy stuff, but I also play a lot blues......

It al comes down to personal preference
By the way, you might get some more responses in Electric Guitar- thats where most of these questions are normally asked.