Poll: What should be the next widget?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should be the next widget?
Where To Go
444 31%
Guitar Tuner
738 51%
Gallery
61 4%
UG Calendar
202 14%
Voters: 1445.
Page 1 of 6
We hope that you've been enjoying the UG Widgets so far (ain't they nice?). Now, two weeks after the initial launch, it's time to decide what will be the next widget - and we ask you to take your choice.

Here are four of the most promising (in our opinion) widget ideas, with brief explanations:

• "Where To Go" (concert) widget - Will show you a list of upcoming tour dates in and around your town for the bands from your Favorites list (and not only).
  • Guitar Tuner widget - Will include some basic functionality to help in tuning your guitar.
  • Gallery widget - This one will just occupy a free spot in your widgets panel (if there are still any) with a gallery of your own pictures or your favorite bands' photos.
  • UG Calendar widget - The calendar will be highlighting various important dates, related to your UG life (showing you the competition timelines, your friends' birthdays etc.)

Please vote, and express your thoughts in the comments below!
i like the idea of the guitar tuner and the ug calendar
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
I don't like that the widgets can't be moved to anywhere on the front page, so I don't use them

But I vote 1.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
i'd kill my mother for the 'where to go' widget, assuming it will work for australian bands shows, including some of the lesser known bands. obviously i'm not talking about myspace bands, but bands with more of a cult status like porcupine tree, or ... you know, those bands.

edit:
sorry, i meant australian shows, not australian bands
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Last edited by instagata0 at Jul 21, 2009,
I like number 1 and 4.

The tuner seems cool, but I already have plenty of tuners.

I'm enjoying the community 'radars' a lot so far, helps a lot in keeping track of stuff.

Good work
The only one I wouldn't really be interested in is the Gallery one.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Guitar Tuner Please! (and if its possible make it usable by iPod Touch/ iPhones) Either way it would be very useful.
i don't really like them because it's limited to the top row of boxes. if they were a little further down or by the side i might be using them.
Quote by instagata0
i'd kill my mother for the 'where to go' widget, assuming it will work for australian bands, including some of the lesser known bands. obviously i'm not talking about myspace bands, but bands with more of a cult status like porcupine tree, or ... you know, those bands.

this. add Karnivool to that cult list

plus as stated above the ability to move the widgets i dont no maybe down the side panels of UG that will use up that space nicely
None of them 4 interest me.

I prefer and like the community update, pulse, and criminal ones.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Craigo
UG Midgets
A Midget Widget ... wut?

1, 2, and 4 all sound pretty good to me.
I chose the Calendar, but I'd be pretty happy with any of them.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
UG Calendar ftw!

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Guitar tuner or Calendar

I voted Guitar tuner
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

I think a guitar tuner would be pretty much useless. I have a real life, physical tuner that I trust with my intonation, not a flash based web app that I have to whip out whenever I want to tune.

I vote calendar. It's the only thing I can't get from other sites or my personal items.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I think a guitar tuner would be pretty much useless. I have a real life, physical tuner that I trust with my intonation, not a flash based web app that I have to whip out whenever I want to tune.

I vote calendar. It's the only thing I can't get from other sites or my personal items.

You have to "whip out" the physical tuner as well. There have been times where I've needed a tuner and not had one, but had my laptop.

Why not just do both Calendar and Where to Go?
what the hell is a widget?
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
I like the Calender most and then the tuner

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by Lr-Mtb
Guitar Tuner Please! (and if its possible make it usable by iPod Touch/ iPhones) Either way it would be very useful.

What makes you think there aren't 40 different guitar tuners in the App Store?
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Quote by captaincrunk
You have to "whip out" the physical tuner as well. There have been times where I've needed a tuner and not had one, but had my laptop.

Why not just do both Calendar and Where to Go?

My tuner is in my pedal board, which is connected to my amp, which is connected to my guitar. If I need to play, my tuner is there. No point switching to a PC input or a microphone.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Karvid
The only one I wouldn't really be interested in is the Gallery one.

This, all the rest seem pretty damn cool.
You should make the tuner so it can do a lot of different tunings, otherwise it'd be pointless.

Like standard, half step down, D, Db, C, Cb, B, and Bb.

Otherwise, i'll just use the built-in tuner on my cube.

Editomasquesus: I can get drop tunings from there
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by wesleyisgay
what the hell is a widget?
Have you been living under a rock?

UG Widgets Launched
Check it out, man. They're fun.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by Kevy Absolution
My tuner is in my pedal board, which is connected to my amp, which is connected to my guitar. If I need to play, my tuner is there. No point switching to a PC input or a microphone.

I, however, sometimes leave my home. If you want to continue this, take it to my inbox, because this thread is really important.

Again, could we do the Calendar and Where to Go in the same widget?
Either the guitar tuner or the UG calendar. I say the calendar would be a better idea. I'm sure the average UGer has a tuner at their disposal.

I vote Calendar. Thanks again for the widgets, UG.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Calendar sounds good, useful and rather easy to implement.
Make it smexy plz kthxbai.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
All except the gallery.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Can we get more spaces for widgets? That'd be pretty cool.

I voted calender, but only because I don't need a guitar tuner (or another reason to come on UG and waste time instead of actually practising) and the "where to go" feature would be pretty useless in Ireland. No-one ever plays here
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Tuner and Where to Go ftw!
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
I've already got a tuner, so I don't see why I'd need another one.

The Where To Go widget sounds much better.
It would be awesome if the widgets could go in the columns of black on either side of the page content, to follow you wherever you are on the site.

I vote for the Where To Go option. There are plenty of guitar tuners out there: seventhstring.com has two very good ones.

If there could be a system of UGers updating a Where To Go gig calender for their area, that would be great and could become a major feature if incorporated with gig reviews.
Quote by blue_strat
It would be awesome if the widgets could go in the columns of black on either side of the page content, to follow you wherever you are on the site.

I vote for the Where To Go option. There are plenty of guitar tuners out there: seventhstring.com has two very good ones.

If there could be a system of UGers updating a Where To Go gig calender for their area, that would be great and could become a major feature if incorporated with gig reviews.
I dunno if that's even possible, but I like the way you think.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411