I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the Digitech Whammy. I'm a huge fan of Tom Morello, Jack White, David Gilmour, and The Edge, so obviously the thought of buying one has crossed my mind thousands of times. I've heard from one person that they suck tone but what I'm mainly concerned with, even moreso than tone, is whether or not the thing is really a good solid pedal that is fun and effective to use. Any thoughts? Pros and cons would be appreciated equally.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
i was looking at exactly the same thing the other day i tested it out briefly and it seemed good it was proberly a lower end one though only £90 but i dunno how much good ones would go for so
I've had one for a month. It's excellent! I have a lot of uses for it and it's really reliable. Only con is, sometimes the tracking goes a little weird with complex chords and you hear artifacts.
I've had mine for almost a year. The harmonizer works great and you can get some really cool harmonies from it, such as the 5th up harmonizer which makes it sound like your playing a power chord by hitting one string.

The Detune section is great for spooky, chorusy tones. I've used it multiple times to do soft intros into songs before the heavy rock guitar comes in. It sounds best on clean.

The Whammy section is the funnest, where you can bend up 2 octaves, 1 octave or down 1, 2 or 3 octaves. They sound insane when using them in solos, or when you're just messing around.

I personally highly recommend the pedal. It's a lot of fun and you can get a lot of it as well. It's very well built, just a solid hunk of metal and feels like it will last for many years.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
A lot of people get bored when the 'novelty' wears off, though I'm not one of them.

You can actually use them for some pretty amazing sounds, if you know what you're doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgmf0iSWflA
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I had one for about a week, but the tracking just wasn't as good as I thought it should be for $200.
Is the tracking sort of the grace with which the pitch is shifted? (if that makes sense) like the accuracy of the transition from octave 1 to +2?

I've basically solidified my decision to purchase one.. It's my birthday, I'm a huge Morello fan. Thanks all for your comments.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
The Whammy's great, but the harmonies aren't as good as the EHX POG (the POG is also about a hundred dollars more and doesn't have shifting) I own one and use it pretty much all the time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
By tracking, I mean mine would kind of "warble" between the raised pitch and the pitch of the dry signal, especially if you were playing multiple notes. It might work better with higher output pickups, because I only ever tested it with a strat with the pickups lowered quite a bit.
Quote by Stickymongoose
By tracking, I mean mine would kind of "warble" between the raised pitch and the pitch of the dry signal, especially if you were playing multiple notes. It might work better with higher output pickups, because I only ever tested it with a strat with the pickups lowered quite a bit.

Yeah, it's a little chaotic with my strat, but solid with my LP.