anyone else tried out skull strings? i popped my skull string cherry today, im never going back, soo smooth and soo much sustain!! plus the fact that they generate a protective coating over themselves is awesome cuz theyll feel much nicer for longer!

so yeah anyone else tried these things??
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
YOu wouldnt be spamming would you?
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
no im not spamming :/

ive heard good things about d'arrido strings but never got round to trying them. and for some reason i DESPISE ernie balls!! i understand loads of other people love em so they must be a good string but i just hate the wa they feel XD

but yeah ive converted from rotosound to skull strings

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
DR ftw
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

Never even heard of skull strings?

What makes them any better than say my D'Addario strings or DR strings?
if your talkin about dean markley skull busters then yes XD
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
I used to use nothing but D'Addario strings, but now that I've tried Ernie Balls, I ain't never goin' back, they're soooo much easier to bend, and generally feel better, although I admit they did feel a bit sticky at first, but I've come to like this stickiness, as it prevents the strings from flying out from under my finger when I do a large bend.
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Quote by mitythor666
I used to use nothing but D'Addario strings, but now that I've tried Ernie Balls, I ain't never goin' back, they're soooo much easier to bend, and generally feel better, although I admit they did feel a bit sticky at first, but I've come to like this stickiness, as it prevents the strings from flying out from under my finger when I do a large bend.

See...that's why I don't like Ernie Balls......the bend easy but I always tend to break them becasue they bend so easily......maybe I just have some buff ass hands or something?
Quote by srob7001
See...that's why I don't like Ernie Balls......the bend easy but I always tend to break them becasue they bend so easily......maybe I just have some buff ass hands or something?

Hmmm, I suppose its possible, although it probably depends on what gauge you're using, I use .09s, and I've never broken a string while bending. Ever.

mityEDIT: Oh, also it depends on how long you've been using said strings, a couple of months is the max that I think you should use strings without changing, unless you're gigging, in which case it would be maybe a day before the show
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Last edited by mitythor666 at Jul 21, 2009,
The time I've been playing Ernie Ball strings, I haven't broken a string yet, I change strings every 2 months, or when they break, and its always been 2 months for me.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I use EB's and haven't changed in years. Maybe its about time, but there's too many choices haha.

Dunno, I break my strings. Back when I played a lot I would break them pretty often. I just hate when they smack you in the face...that **** sucks..
The 1st 2 sets of EB strings I bought the High E broke while tunning.

Then once I finally got all 6 strings on and in tune I had them for about 2 weeks and I broke the High E doing a 1-1/2 step bend w/ vibrato on the 21st fret ( this was about 10 or so years ago...still remember it when it broke.....hit me in the face right under my eye) I'll never forget that...and ever since then I refuse to use EB strings as they almost hit me in my good eye.
I never had any problems with EB and I haven't changed from them since I used their 9's on my dad's strat. when I got my Schecter, I used their 10's, then moved up to their STHB's and I still don't have problems with EB's. They break occasionally, but only when they've been on for about 2-3 months, or even if they dont break, i change them after 2-3 months. I'm stickin with EB strings until I have problems like everyone else is having with them. I've tried D'addarios, but the 3rd and 4th string broke within a week, so no D'addarios for me.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
well the thing that makes skull strings a step above the rest imo is that there designed for drop metal tunings, so straight off the bat if thats not your style then dont go for em lol. but because of this you can can buy special drop c setc, that have a 1st string thats fairly thicker than one youd see in a standard 11gauge string pack. and ive found that it makes playhing feel so much more natural when you have that thicker string to compensate for it being 1 step down from everything else.

then theres the regenrating coating thing.. thats fekking awesome the strings ALWAYS feel brand new ^^

plus there really smooth and easy to play, and the sustain on these things is absoultely stunning, makes my ibanez sing

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995