What's the difference between a Russian Big Muff and other Muffs? What are it's distinct characteristics? How much do they usually go for? Thanks!

-Bryan
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Russian Muff is darker sounding fuzz, where the American Muffs are brighter. It's really all up to taste, personally, I care for the American muffs more, but some people disagree (the American ones are also slightly more expensive, but only a tad).
While they all have a Big Muff sound, they really each have their own voice. Which are you referring to specifically in contrast to? Once I know that I can go into characteristics. As for price though, I got mine for about $70.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
It's darker than the American. It's less fuzzy and sounds more like a regular distortion than a fuzz at times.
The urge to make imature jokes is overwhelming!
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Okay, thanks. I'm picking one up off craiglist for $40.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Quote by unininium

In Soviet Russia Immature Jokes make You!

Sorry that was bad...

I persoanally prefer the Russian one, but I like the darkness because my pickups can be a little too bright to bear sometimes.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by unininium

I know!
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by theacousticpunk
What's the difference between a Russian Big Muff and other Muffs? What are it's distinct characteristics? How much do they usually go for? Thanks!

-Bryan

The difference?
It's Russian... Dumbass.

No, but seriously... its more of a distortion whereas the American is more of a fuzz. I prefer the American one, but the Russian one is a few dollars cheaper.
Well, the guy just dropped it off. I played it for 5 minutes, and loved it. It's the black model, before they cut them in half (horizontally). Only downside is that it has no 9v adapter.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120