the omen 6 for sure. for $100 less, you're getting more. the passive EMG's aren't really that good either...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
the omen 6 for sure. for $100 less, you're getting more. the passive EMG's aren't really that good either...

I thought it was kind of weird its only the 81 though... don't most people usually put in the 81 and 85?

I'd say Hellraiser over any schecter but since you got those to up im gonna say the Omen

Because a hellraiser is totally in the same price range as these.
Quote by kaossurge
I thought it was kind of weird its only the 81 though... don't most people usually put in the 81 and 85?

well the omen's neck pick up is really good for cleans, so he probably left it in there because of that reason. it gives a very good thick tone for solos too.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
well the omen's neck pick up is really good for cleans, so he probably left it in there because of that reason. it gives a very good thick tone for solos too.

I wonder how they sound paired... if they can even be paired.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
can you try before you buy?

Probably, but I really don't want to go see both... that's a bit of a drive.
I'd say the Omen. You have the EMG for heavier stuff and the stock neck pickup has nice cleans.
I presume that the Omen has ****ty wiring (mixing active and passive). I'd go with the Damien.
ಠ_ಠ
Yeah. You don't want mixed actives/ passives. I own a damien, they'll rival anything at a higher price. Go for that.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
i think the damiens a given...why? because it has cooler frets

ha, but for real, pick one, try it. if you dont like it go look at the next one. if you do like it, buy it.
I prefer the Damien's over the Omen's personally but I haven't played an Omen with an 81 in it....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Really you have two options:

Get the Omen:

$200, however, you most likely will have to replace the neck pickup, so really it's $275-300 dollars. And another thing, if you are getting someone to replace your pickup, then that's like $20-35 dollars usually, so now it's $295-335 dollars.

Get The Damien:

$300, however, you most likely will replace the pickups down the road because EMG HZ pickups suck. So depending on the pickups you choose, it will most likely run you towards $400-450 +more if you get someone to do it.

The Omen will sound better IMO then the Damien if you change the neck pickup. Get the Omen, and just go through the trouble of changing passive to active. If you don't want to go through the extra work, you can just get the Damien, which will sound great as well with a pickup change, but it will cost you more money if you were to change the pickups. But of course, if you are leaving everything stock and not wanting to change pickups, get the Damien.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jul 21, 2009,
The omen 6

i have the exact same model, the neck pick up sounds excellent

on the other side, the bridge pickup sound really thin (at least for me)

this one has an EMG on the bridge, which makes the guitar excellent, i'd say go for it
Quote by deluxity
The omen 6

i have the exact same model, the neck pick up sounds excellent

on the other side, the bridge pickup sound really thin (at least for me)

this one has an EMG on the bridge, which makes the guitar excellent, i'd say go for it

The general consensus has been that mixing active and passive pick ups is a bad idea though.
Omen 6. The owner probably has disconnected the neck pickup and just wired up the bridge pickup but ask the owner how they have wired it up.
^^ wouldn't that be something? What a story that would end up being...

"God dammit!!! Why doesn't the neck pickup work?!"
Take that into the shop and the dudes would be like "the neck pickup isn't connected... didn't you know that before you bought it?" LULZ.

Hell, I don't know. I'm gonna have to agree with the majority of you that the Omen with the one active pickup might me a little iffy...

The other guitar with the EMG HZ's... they aren't bad pickups. My guitar instructor's dinky has those and he gets great distortions. Granted he's using an RP90 and a firewire to record on his computer...

But if you get the guitar with the passive EMG's, and feel like slapping in some better pickups down the road, go for it.
i would get the damien and replace the pickups.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.