Probably gonna be the only thread i make on here for a long time, i barely come on here anymore. But I've noticed that people in the pit, and actually just in general, will say hardcore sucks. But does ANYONE actually know what hardcore is? No, not metal, not metalcore, not bands like the devil wears prada or attack attack!. I'll see threads about hating when people talk badly about a band or a genre, and then they'll just go off saying how hardcore sucks.

Hardcore is based off of punk. Sure, theres other genres with hardcore influences, but that doesn't make the band a "hardcore" band.

To quote wikipedia:

Hardcore punk, often just called hardcore, is a subgenre of punk rock that originated in North America and the United Kingdom in the late 1970s. The new sound was generally thicker, heavier, and faster than earlier punk rock. Early hardcore punk has a quick tempo with drums and vocals in time, whereas modern hardcore punk has drums and vocals which may not be on beat with the tempo.[1] The songs are usually short, fast, and loud, covering topics such as politics, personal freedom, fascism, authority, violence, social alienation, straight edge, veganism and vegetarianism, war, religion, drugs and the hardcore subculture itself.[2][3][4]

Hardcore spawned several fusion genres and subgenres, some of which experienced mainstream success, such as melodic hardcore, metalcore, post-hardcore and thrash metal.

Just ranting really. I dont care if this thread gets deleted or flamed, like i said i rarely go on here anymore.
If i could, id change my user name!
Oh wow, i hate my sig so badly -_- Anyone know how to change it? I honestly forgot
I don't care.

Really.

Why do you?

(Go to the control panel to change your sig. Upper left)
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Deathcore is ridiculous.... There's only half a dozen deathcore bands that have enough to potential to combine their genre with progressive and technical aspects... Instead of palm muting on the lowest strings over and over again in patterns.
Most people on UG aren't very nice.

That is my signature.

This is true.
u know...

ur not hardcore, unless u live hardcore. but the legend of the rent was way hardcore.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
can one day go by when a new thread about this doesn't pop up? i'm starting to hate hardcore simply because i read so many damn pointless threads defending it. if you like it, then like it. who cares what a bunch of guys on the internet classify your taste in music as???
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by Religulous
Deathcore is ridiculous.... There's only half a dozen deathcore bands that have enough to potential to combine their genre with progressive and technical aspects... Instead of palm muting on the lowest strings over and over again in patterns.

Thanks for actually contributing to a thread! Not like everyone else hahah
Quote by konfyouzd
can one day go by when a new thread about this doesn't pop up? i'm starting to hate hardcore simply because i read so many damn pointless threads defending it. if you like it, then like it. who cares what a bunch of guys on the internet classify your taste in music as???

Nah breh, not one day.
rofl I checked marrowsoup btw valdean, it reminded me of super mario, I love it!
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by technicolour
Most of the hardcore forum knows what real hardcore is. Yes, there's a lot of ignorant people who are totally clueless, but what else is new?

and for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzzjKssKGQc

brilliant. thank you.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by ajreciever14
u know...

ur not hardcore, unless u live hardcore. but the legend of the rent was way hardcore.

That was brilliant.
Quote by Chaosinborn
veganism and vegetarianism

HARDCORE BITCHES!

yea those are rather tough... (no sarcasm)
Quote by crypticslaughtr
yes ive known this

well apparently our peer has recently learned the joy of knowing things as well.
Anything that has to do with slam dancing is gay.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I know what hardcore is. I'm in a hardcore punk band (shameless self-promotion: check the sig). We're trying to revive the genre. My iPod is filled with Bad Brains, Black Flag, Minor Threat, and some random obscure ones from the back end of the time period. I love Bad Brains. The best hardcore band, in my opinion.
Check out Amen and ceremony for bands that fit the genre today.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
There are actually several different types of hardcore. You're simply referring to hardcore punk. Either way genre labeling is stupid and pointless.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
Anything that has to do with slam dancing is gay.

is that the thing where they punch and kick the air and pretend to pick up change?
Eh, who cares what hardcore is? I don't, but if you do, thats fine. You don't see me trying to get people to "understand" my music, because if they need someone to explain it to them, it's not for them.
Quote by SGibson666
Eh, who cares what hardcore is? I don't, but if you do, thats fine. You don't see me trying to get people to "understand" my music, because if they need someone to explain it to them, it's not for them.

+100000
Quote by Hobble
There are actually several different types of hardcore. You're simply referring to hardcore punk. Either way genre labeling is stupid and pointless.

There's old, and there's new. Some is thrashy, some is melodic, some is both.