Hi, I am looking to buy an Ibanez guitar. It is an Ibanez RG 320 FM, its used but said to be in good condition. I am basically just wondering if this is a quality guitar, i am only a beginner but dont want anything worse than the fender squier i already have.

-Does it have good sound
-Do i need to worry about new pick ups

Thanks, Much Appreciated
it's not a starter guitar but it is on the lower end of ibanez's range of guitars
the sound should be a deal better than your squire and you shouldn't have to worry about new pickups for a while
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
yes, there are peeps who dont like the edge 3 trem, but tbh there`s nothing wrong with it if it`s setup properly.
Hey man. I once wanted to buy one, but in my country its quite spensif for what it is. I bought a Cort EVL Z4 instead for cheaper price (It has passive EMG's ,nice finish and plays nice). But at the start i really wanted that Ibanez. The neck is really nice, it plays great (very thin neck and flat) i also like the Inlays. Its also not too heavy and the balance is great. It sounds pretty decent although i aint that much of a tone connoisseur but it prob sounds better than your squire, i remember the pick ups to be quite responsive and they sounded quite trebly if i remember correctly but i mite be wrong,but they are decent for a stock guitar. In the future you can always upgrade. The finish is pretty nice and seems like it can last long time if taken care well. I dont know about the bridge but ja its a decent guitar. If you get a good deal go for it.
nothing really wrong with the edge III but if you're looking at a beginner guitar i would suggest one of the older MIJ RG models:

RG470, RG550, RG560, RG570...

the RG5XXs have what I consider to be a nicer floating bridge as well. the original edge, to my knowledge, was modeled after the original floyd rose design but slightly upgraded. i'm not entirely sure what they improved, but it's at least on par with the Original Floyd Rose and some think it's better, but that probably has a lot to do with personal preference.

i know the edge, to me, feels more solid and it returns to pitch better than the EDGE III
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 21, 2009,
Yeah its probably worth it, here in South Africa in my local shop it retails for like 500$..... its crazy but its SA .... 450$ if you haggle (it was the best price i could get on it....) so thats why i got the Cort , cheaper and better pickups,nice finish and look. But its still a cort .....
Still prob in the US its more like 300$ i dont know... its still prob half price. But ALWAYS HAGGLE!!! I mean ALWAYS , try to get it for at least 120$ . Haggling always works unless the seller is such a jew.... But anyways man, good luck and Rock on!
Quote by kovacio
heres a picture i got from the seller

looks pretty solid but the picture lacks the detail necessary to discern whether or not it's in "good condition" might be pretty but functionally garbage. can you dig it? are there any closer pics?
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by kovacio
heres a picture i got from the seller

sorry.. but thats one ugly ass guitar
Quote by konfyouzd
looks pretty solid but the picture lacks the detail necessary to discern whether or not it's in "good condition" might be pretty but functionally garbage. can you dig it? are there any closer pics?

only other pic but i hear what your saying. I will be able to look at it before purchasing though.
Quote by kovacio

only other pic but i hear what your saying. I will be able to look at it before purchasing though.

make sure there's no neck bowing, excessively worn frets, uneven frets, fret buzz (it can be acceptable up to a point... use YOUR judgement), etc.
Quote by konfyouzd
make sure there's no neck bowing, excessively worn frets, uneven frets, fret buzz (it can be acceptable up to a point... use YOUR judgement), etc.

how would i check for this, like what to notice
if your buying off a auction site there`s no way of knowing until you recieve it, there`s suppose to be a slight bow in the neck, look from the headstock down to the bridge you should see the frets dip at about the 7-9th frets thats normal.

fret buzz you won`t hear until you play it but can normally be solved with neck and action adjustments(but worse case scenario is a fret redress) and literally sounds like buzzing

worn frets will require new frets being fitted and again you wont know until you get it.

Don`t let any of this put you off buying though `cos any tech worth his salt can deal with these issues common to all guitars.

from the pics it looks like the owner hasn`t even taken the plastic off the pups, but i`ve noticed a darker blue on the upper horn that looks out of place. otherwise looks like a nice axe.
^ beat me to it. thanks, man. that's a lot of typing i probably wouldn't have wanted to do.
[SIZE=1]if your buying off a auction site there`s no way of knowing until you recieve it, there`s suppose to be a slight bow in the neck, look from the headstock down to the bridge you should see the frets dip at about the 7-9th frets thats normal.

fret buzz you won`t hear until you play it but can normally be solved with neck and action adjustments(but worse case scenario is a fret redress) and literally sounds like buzzing

worn frets will require new frets being fitted and again you wont know until you get it.

Don`t let any of this put you off buying though `cos any tech worth his salt can deal with these issues common to all guitars.

from the pics it looks like the owner hasn`t even taken the plastic off the pups, but i`ve noticed a darker blue on the upper horn that looks out of place. otherwise looks like a nice axe.
Thanks! ok so i can see all this when i go to get it in person