Hi guys
I'm gettin a new axe, and I need your help.
I got £500 roughly to spend (but I'll save up more if something good comes along) and I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

I want at least 1 humbucker, set neck/neck-thru construction and something that can take seriously low action with minimal fretbuzz. Thanks.
Any idea about tones?
I'm going to suggest a Washburn WI-66 Pro for a more classic LP style, or a Washburn X-50 Pro for more modern stuff.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
what genre do you play?
what amp do you have?
if you play metal and have a tube amp i would suggest you have a look at the ibanez rgt6exfx.
Quote by Ghold125
What kinds of music do you play?

Rock, hard rock, heavy metal...some clean bluesy stuff.
Quote by britishsligean
what genre do you play?
what amp do you have?
if you play metal and have a tube amp i would suggest you have a look at the ibanez rgt6exfx.

Thanks, I will. That sounds good.
Quote by Baby Joel
Any idea about tones?
I'm going to suggest a Washburn WI-66 Pro for a more classic LP style, or a Washburn X-50 Pro for more modern stuff.

Very interested in the Washburn Idol, but how low will the action go without fretbuzz? My Jackson will go to 1mm with no fretbuzz, so if the Washburn is comparable I shall go for it.
I got myself a used American Standard Strat for £550.

Check out gumtree!

THE blues guitar, in my opinion, and it pulls metal off perfectly, I think its ridiculous when people just knock it because of the single coils. All that may be needed is a noise gate, and I think even that's a stretch.

I personally wouldn't go for a guitar in that price range with any kind of floating trem, unless you can find an OFR. I hated having an LFR on my guitar and dreaded the day I had to change strings.

But in all fairness, what amp do you have?

Theres not much point in getting a new guitar to improve tone when all you have is some kind of Line 6 Spider.

/Opinion

Discuss if you disagree
Any guitar will go low without fretbuzz if it's set up properly.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
for metal

Schecter-
C-1 Blackjack ATX
C-1 Hellraiser

ESP/LTD-
EC1000 Deluxe
MH1000 Deluxe (NT)

BC Rich-
NJ Deluxe Warbeast
NJ Deluxe Jr.V
Quote by Aditya_ram
for metal

Schecter-
C-1 Blackjack ATX
C-1 Hellraiser

ESP/LTD-
EC1000 Deluxe
MH1000 Deluxe (NT)

BC Rich-
NJ Deluxe Warbeast
NJ Deluxe Jr.V

I own a BC Rich NJ Warlock and it sucks (could just be a dud model) so I'm leaning more towards Schecter/LTD. That C1 Hellraiser looks amazing.
Quote by Baby Joel
Any guitar will go low without fretbuzz if it's set up properly.

Not necessarily. I took my BC Rich NJ Warlock to a professional luthier (he's set up my other guitars ok including my Jackson with the 1mm action) and the action was only a little lower than when I took it to him and literally every fret had buzz, some were dead.
Fender MIM Strat HSS
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, but today I went to my local music shop and bought a BC Rich Kerry King Generation 2 V. I really did take your suggestions into considerations though - I nearly bidded on a Washburn X-50 Pro FE on eBay, and I tried out an EC-1000. Very nice, but the Kerry King V "slays" them all. That was a bad joke, right?
Quote by whencowsfart101
Thanks for all your suggestions guys, but today I went to my local music shop and bought a BC Rich Kerry King Generation 2 V. I really did take your suggestions into considerations though - I nearly bidded on a Washburn X-50 Pro FE on eBay, and I tried out an EC-1000. Very nice, but the Kerry King V "slays" them all. That was a bad joke, right?

Nice buy. It's this one, right?

Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard