Heyy folks i know its another what guitar thread but i need help wiht something,

ive searched online and can only seem to find 1 review for a Gretsch g5255 junior jet 2.

I was thinking about either getting this or an epiphone les paul studio or maybe the cheaper epi special 2.

Any help would be appreciated, although i have got my mind set on an LP shape and wouldnt want an ESP or that, i prefer epis due to there price and prettyy decent quality.

Thanks

Peace x
When you are past the stage of noob, you then become a geek.....

Epiphones are the way forward! <3
What's your price range, and what styles of music do you want to play, what is your curretn guitar, and what amp/gear do you currently use?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
What's your price range, and what styles of music do you want to play, what is your curretn guitar, and what amp/gear do you currently use?

this is what we need in order to help you, from what you have mentioned i would have a good look at the epi studio
Dont buy an Special II A friend of mine got one; It sounds Really Cheap and looks very dull and cheap too..

//Dennis
Okay thanks so far but there is another problem:L.....tis my first electric ive been playing on a Stagg acoustic for about 9 months and suggestions on an amp would also be appreciated max budgets about 300 - 400 max for both Guitar and amp

I play mainly classic rock and hard rock e.g Led Zep, The Kinks, GnR and some Nirvana

Thanks for any help

To Dennis I've never had much experience wiht amps so whatever you guys/gals feel would work best.

And to Brit, I stay in Scotland a wee bit outside edinburgh so trying them shouldnt be a problem i just thought i'd get some opinions from people with more experience.

thanks

If you want built in effects Take A Vypyr and not a Spider I got one and i really hate it.. If i got my other one and i cant get rid of this one ill littrelly Throw it out of the window.. Because ITS CRAP!

Im A fan Of The Fender Frontman serie Though..
Dennis and brit....Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it

Last edited by Callum_29 at Jul 21, 2009,
i like the crate GLX series, absolutely amazing affects and i would agree with the epiphone studio
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by Callum_29
Dennis and brit....Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it

Thats Why we are here
Squire JagMaster (H/H) configuration for great tonal capabilities
Fender Frontman 25R decent amp for the price.

this should be around 300 or so, so you can buy some stompboxes and cables etc.
Is that 300 only for the amp or guitar and amp combind?
I am pretty low on the cash front right now and was hoping for a maximum of 400 quid for the G and Amp