Well First Of all Good is Relative..
What music do you prefer?
What pickups you prefer etcetra..

Give us some Information
Yes.

Any Vintage guitar will be decent, Ibanez GRG170DX, Ibanez GRGR321MH, you can get decent LTDs and Jacksons for about £150, Squier Affinity guitars are good.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
you can get a solid guitar for £200 (solid as in dependable but not dazzling) for something flexible look into yamaha pacifica 112's (preferably the old j-type as opposed to the newer v type) or a squier standard strat (these'll be on walls at about 220-230 but can easily be bargained down). i would avoid the affinity strats though as the wood in them is significantly less good quality.

http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=1676&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=PriceComparison
http://en.euroguitar.com/guitar/yamaha/pacifica/112/114493.html
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
If you're lucky you can get a nice second hand Epiphone from eBay.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn N1, Washburn X200 (Would be the best option I'd say), Washburn WI14, Washburn WI15, or Washburn WI18.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Yes.

Any Vintage guitar will be decent, Ibanez GRG170DX, Ibanez GRGR321MH, you can get decent LTDs and Jacksons for about £150, Squier Affinity guitars are good.

I would do things for the prs style vintage.

Guess what kinda things?
Quote by Baby Joel
Washburn N1, Washburn X200 (Would be the best option I'd say), Washburn WI14, Washburn WI15, or Washburn WI18.

Do you have stocks in this brand ?
Vintage V100's are generally better than Epiphone and Squier, though that is a very different axe. The Vintage SG's are not bad either. In Super Strat types the Cort X2 takes a lot of beating and in fat Strats there's the Cort G series or Yamaha Pacifica. Both well made but the Cort edges it on the pickups. The oddity is the Cort Z42 which is like a Les Paul after weight training. Or a les paul with body shaping curves. Stick with the mentioned brands and keep away from Encore, Stagg, Shine and most of the weirdo brands you see in starter packs and you'll be alright.
If you are in the Midlands, Richard's Guitars in Leamington Spa will look after you for Cort and Vintage.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

one of my Jacksons is a lowest-of-the-range Kellys, which i got for £199.
i'd say it's pretty decent. it's definately giggable, and the pickups are usable.
not a bad guitar at all, and with a few mods done to it it can become a great guitar.
Last edited by heminder at Jul 21, 2009,
You can get a decent guitar for £200 if you're willing to go second hand. Really decent 1980s Ibanezes (aff whats the plural of Ibanez?!) go for about £100 on ebay. You should be able to pick up a MIK Tokai or if you're lucky you might find a washburn X50pro or an MIM fender for around £200 second hand.

If I was you I'd go and try out a bunch of guitars that retail up to £400, then when you know what you want start looking for one second hand within your budget.
Cort G Series.

edit:

Quote by Lurcher
Vintage V100's are generally better than Epiphone and Squier, though that is a very different axe. The Vintage SG's are not bad either. In Super Strat types the Cort X2 takes a lot of beating and in fat Strats there's the Cort G series or Yamaha Pacifica. Both well made but the Cort edges it on the pickups. The oddity is the Cort Z42 which is like a Les Paul after weight training. Or a les paul with body shaping curves. Stick with the mentioned brands and keep away from Encore, Stagg, Shine and most of the weirdo brands you see in starter packs and you'll be alright.
If you are in the Midlands, Richard's Guitars in Leamington Spa will look after you for Cort and Vintage.

Whoo, a cort fan!
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by Lollage123
I would do things for the prs style vintage.

Guess what kinda things?

Do I wanna know?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
depends on your definition of good, but you should certainly be able to get something decent. yamaha pacifica 112v is the obvious choice (should even be a bit less than £200), sometimes you can get good deals online on lag 200 series models, which i'd say probably does qualify as a good guitar, especially under £200.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its just my bday soon and that the limit. I play mainly metal and rock. ive had the stagg for like 3 years and fancied something new maybe stick some heavy string on so i can play some heavier music.
Last edited by the_b1ues at Jul 21, 2009,
the lag (jet 200 or roxanne, most likely) would be good for that if you're willing to take a chance and buy online. i'm not sure how the QC is, though, I've only tried a few.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i currently have a prs stagg so id rather do up in quailty than go down. Problem is i dont no alot about makes. Dont no what makes a good guitar what they all sound like that kind of thing.

Last edited by the_b1ues at Jul 21, 2009,
are you near any decent guitar shops? the easiest way to see what you like and what the differences are in guitars is just to try a bunch head to head.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you near any decent guitar shops? the easiest way to see what you like and what the differences are in guitars is just to try a bunch head to head.

+1