Page 1 of 2
That's a beautiful tinting job you did on that wood. Nicely done.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Oh my god, that is gorgeous. =)

What electronics/hardware are you thinking of putting in?
I don't really like the viking but that is a beautiful stain.
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Im with the above guy, love the colour, not really digging the art work myself tbh but i've always been like that, never really like pictures on guitars.
Looks better than before. What kind of pickups? I'd assume something as brutal as vikings. Just regular black duncans would look pretty nice of that guitar. JB and 59 seem like a good set to go with it. Jb's imo only sound good on mahogany or other bassy woods.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Zakk_Lp
never really like pictures on guitars.

That viking and the longship are not pictures, they are inlays. Should give you a whole new perspective
That's really good mate.

Even if people don't like it, they should at least admire how well it turned out. How long did that take you?
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.

Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

...With regards to guitar building, so get your mind out of the gutter you!
Gorgeous... However, I'm not sure I think the ship complements the "flow" of the guitar in the same way the viking does, so they do seem to pull the balance in two different directions, but it's a minor quibble, and I don't think most people think like me anyways... Awesome craft no matter what, though.
Quote by Rusty_Chisel
That viking and the longship are not pictures, they are inlays. Should give you a whole new perspective

Doesn't matter what materials or techniques you use, it's still a picture...
Quote by Boutros
Oh my god, that is gorgeous. =)

What electronics/hardware are you thinking of putting in?

Actully I'm planning to replace the original electronic. I have no idea what Gibson uses.
That looks awesome, but why did you make a second thread?
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by steve!
I don't really like the viking but that is a beautiful stain.

Thanks for the compliment. I know this type of guitar isn't for everyone. That's why there are so many different guitar manufacturers out there, because every one likes something different. Personally, I can't stand reliced guitars, but other people love them and that's ok with me. Being a guitar collector is sort of like being a dog owner, there is always a breed for you.
Quote by Steve9145
That's really good mate.

Even if people don't like it, they should at least admire how well it turned out. How long did that take you?

I don't know, I haven't really been keeping track. I know it took 1-1/2 hours to get that stain job right. Let me think about it; 4 hours to strip it down, 4-5 to fix the neck, 20 for the Viking inlay, 4 for the back inlay, 2 for the fretmarker inlays, 3 to redo the headstock plate, 4 to inlay the headstock, 3 to prep and sand, ummm quite a bit actually. Of course these are just estimates.
Quote by racman92
That looks awesome, but why did you make a second thread?

I couldn't find the first thread, until I posted the new thread, then I found the old thread, but somebody has already responded to the new thread, and so on, and so on ...

Let's go with I'm stupid
Quote by apak
Looks better than before. What kind of pickups? I'd assume something as brutal as vikings. Just regular black duncans would look pretty nice of that guitar. JB and 59 seem like a good set to go with it. Jb's imo only sound good on mahogany or other bassy woods.

Those are good suggestions. I may change the pickups at some point, but not right away.
Thats one sexy beast.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
Thats one sexy beast.

Thanks!

Also, here is a picture of the back.

Last edited by cSuttle at Jul 22, 2009,
Neck pictures please?
Looks good by the way.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Just got done making the knobs for The Viking. The are the Viking runes for the letters T and V (tone/volume). The knobs are rosewood and the inlays are white mother of pearl. Another step closer.

Quote by cSuttle
Just got done making the knobs for The Viking. The are the Viking runes for the letters T and V (tone/volume). The knobs are rosewood and the inlays are white mother of pearl. Another step closer.

Wow, that is ****ing awesome. Pardon my french but there are no other words to describe that.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Gorgeous... However, I'm not sure I think the ship complements the "flow" of the guitar in the same way the viking does, so they do seem to pull the balance in two different directions, but it's a minor quibble, and I don't think most people think like me anyways... Awesome craft no matter what, though.

Doesn't matter what materials or techniques you use, it's still a picture...

Doesn't said pulling of balance symbolically reflect the life experiences and historical impact of the Vikings themselves?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Your guitar looks like a album cover :P Awesome job. Took me a couple of seconds to work out what the image on the back was but then i was just like, "Uhm...that is amazing!". Would also love to know how long it took you to complete all the inlays.

I don't like the wooden knobs idea. They would be awesome for another build but I think it overdoes the wooden look a bit. I'd be happy just to see straight forward black metal knobs.
Quote by 21Fretter
black metal knobs.

But it's a Viking Metal guitar

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Oh my god this is epic. Might I just say that the Viking on the back is really creepy
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
I'd love to add that I really like that finish on a "vintage" guitar being used for metal. By which I mean, if you're gonna be playing Viking or similar metal on a guitar design from the early days of guitars (SG, Les Paul, Explorer, Flying V), I love the tranny brown sunburst It gives the guitar this nice, aged, organic look that fits the vibe of the music perfectly.

Also: I suggest Gibson Burstbucker V's in that guitar, but with black bobbins. give it a nice Gibby-metal punch with a sweet, organic touch (ceramics don't belong in this guitar in my opinion).

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku

Also: I suggest Gibson Burstbucker V's in that guitar, but with black bobbins. give it a nice Gibby-metal punch with a sweet, organic touch (ceramics don't belong in this guitar in my opinion).

+ 3.142

this is incredible man, really impressive work
^ Yeah

OR! WCR Icebuckers. They're modeled after the Burstbucker V, and are available with any magnet you want (would definitely do Alnico V in the bridge and II or IV in the neck). Or whip out an Alnico 8 for the bridge...

Stupid name.

Quote by telemetal
Alnico 8? O.o theres such a thing? lol

Yeah, and it's stronger than ceramic magnets. It has the tight low end of ceramic and output that puts it to shame, but the smoother highs and sweeter midrange of Alnico V.

Stupid name.

Quote by telemetal
ah righto. cheers. thats pretty awesome. best of both worlds there

Exactly But string pull becomes a major issue, so they have to be lowered quite a bit compared to Ceramics or Alnico V, and you need something at LEAST as strong as an Alnico V to balance out for the neck pickup.

Stupid name.

Quote by Jehuty
Wow, that is ****ing awesome. Pardon my french but there are no other words to describe that.

LOL. My Mom is French born and raised. One time a swore and then said, "Pardon my French." She screams back "That's not French!"

Makes me laugh everytime I think about it.

Thanks for the comments too.
Page 1 of 2