I’ve been offered this guitar for £100 its a Kramer 400st
I’ve been told it has a genuine Floyd rose and is about 25years old
Just wondering if anyone has any more info on these and whether it is worth buying it
Quote by stephen_rettie
id go for it personally, for 100 quid why not?

I'd go for it too..
If its rubbish you can sell them in pieces or you can experiment with buildig it custom urself
buy it. if you hate it, you can prolly sell it as a vintage pretty easily, and for much more.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I am not up on the exchange rate but if it's under $200.00 US I would go for it those old Kramers were pretty good guitars.

John
Hey guys thanks for you opinions. If your wondering it about 160 in US dollars. Does anyone have any more info?
Quote by JoltOfLife
Hey guys thanks for you opinions. If your wondering it about 160 in US dollars. Does anyone have any more info?

That model is the lower end in the older Kramer guitars. Basically a 100 series Striker. Many had plywood bodies, although some had solid wood with 3 or more pieces glued up. They are not bad guitars really but not worth really anymore than you are paying. REally 160US is a little on the high side I think for a 100 series, especially when you can find the Focus line for just a little more and they are much better. If you are wanting that body design check out a Focus 5000 model.

Also that one your looking at did not come with an Original Floyd Rose tremolo. If it does have one it has been added. And if its a real OFR then yes its worth that price.
maybe you guys can help me out a friend has a kramer 400st striker he is willing to trade me for a bc rich ironbird n.j. series bass from the late 80s that needs alot of work and a washburn maverick series guitar.. whats your thoughts on this..the kramer is dated to be a 85 model btw