Just picked this up, won it on Ebay for a little less than $40.00. It's a Jay Turser JT 220 CS. This is a bit different they used alder for the body with a Mahogany set neck and Rosewood fingerboard. The guitar needed some TLC. A good cleaning a new fret, the second fret was missing and a truss rod cover that I haven't got yet. I still haven't strung it I thought I had a case of strings but they just are not here. It came with out a toggle switch ring but I think it's supposed to have one so I'll grab one when I am getting the strings. OH! the frets are a bit sharp I'll dress them tonight.

All in all it's a great looking guitar not sure how it sounds I have a better set of pups I could swap out from my old 70s LP Standard but I am going to wait to see how it sounds. I have found Jay Turser pups can sound good especially when wax potted.

Dude for 40 dollars that is a good buy. Good **** man.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
How the **** are you able to win those bids so low? Damn, maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I can never get a deal on ebay at all. CL is another thing though.

Nice Guitar. Jay Tursers are pretty good quality and play exceptionally well. Enjoy

HNGD
I look for guitars listed as project guitars, guitar for parts or guitars with minor problems. The last two guitars I got needed work. The JT 1000 needed a head stock repair this just needed a fret and some cosmetic stuff. My secret is I get a lot locally so I don't have to worry about shipping. Some places charge $40.00 to ship a guitar. When I win guitars from Daddy's Junky Music they only charge $5.00 for an in store pickup. A lot of people don't want to pay $40.00 shipping so I rarely get out bid.

John
Nice guitar. If it plays like crap you could part it out for more than $40.
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Looks nice!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by led_zeppelin_96
wow u got a jay talyor for $40.........wow

What the hell is a jay taylor?

Anyways, pretty sweet find, I want a guitar for $40
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I believe its worth about 150-180 new...

if you cared.
Quote by led_zeppelin_96
wow u got a jay talyor for $40.........wow

Its a Jay Turser
Last edited by Tommy Walker at Jul 22, 2009,
Nice Find man. I've got a walnut JT50, and it plays better than any Gibson I've ever played! They are awesome guitars! HNGD!!!

Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by johnro6659
I look for guitars listed as project guitars, guitar for parts or guitars with minor problems. The last two guitars I got needed work. The JT 1000 needed a head stock repair this just needed a fret and some cosmetic stuff. My secret is I get a lot locally so I don't have to worry about shipping. Some places charge $40.00 to ship a guitar. When I win guitars from Daddy's Junky Music they only charge $5.00 for an in store pickup. A lot of people don't want to pay $40.00 shipping so I rarely get out bid.

John

Ahhhhh, I see now. And it makes sense. The shipping charges is what always turns me off from bidding on guitars