Page 1 of 2
Hey all, making my first foray into the pit here. Anyways, maybe I've just been naive my whole life, but I was always under the impression that lip-syncing/prerecorded tracks were the kind of thing that occasionally happens, but is generally frowned upon. But last night on Conan, some pop singing type lady and her band were "performing" on live tv. During the "performance", I couldn't help but notice that her guitar, and quite possibly the instruments of the rest of the band had seemingly nothing to do with the sound coming out of my television. I started thinking back to all of the so-called live performances I've seen on these late-night talk shows lately. They DID seem rather, I don't know, polished. Is play-acting really such common practice these days? Do ANY bands actually perform live on these short tv spots?
No. TV channels can't risk people saying something stupid on national television. Hence everything being synced. All of American Idol is lip-synced.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Depends on the band. PROPER bands wont do that.
Shows you how much live music is worth nowadays, eh?
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
who had that huge fiasco because she stopped singing before the track was over? jessica simpson?

any respectable band plays live.
Quote by darkstar2466
No. TV channels can't risk people saying something stupid on national television. Hence everything being synced. All of American Idol is lip-synced.

You can't stop Daron Malakian though.
http://video.clipta.com//System_Of_A_Down_-_B.Y.O.B.(Saturday_Night_Live)__v4dcf531c4257754d5dde
4:04
Sending a dummy to my God.

Last edited by protest000 at Jul 21, 2009,
only the group performances of American Idol are lip-synced. Second of all, almost all bands actually perfom.
Reminds me of Muse on LiveN'Kicking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3UW2kqJ9R4
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Its hilarious to me that Ashley Simpson gets caught syncing and her career was pretty much dead, but Beyonce falls down the stairs with her voice still playing in the background in front of thousands and all anyone cares about is if she hurt herself.

I get the feeling if Hetfields voice wouldve kept playing after his pyro incident awhile back there wouldve been a riot lol.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Daron Malakian is an egotistical douch bag who broke up System of a Down. I used to love him, but his new band sucks huge ass donkey balls.

Very true, but he's still amusing.

So, they're NEVER getting back together..?
Edit: Oh yeah and what do you think of Serj solo?

Last edited by protest000 at Jul 21, 2009,
pearl jam doesnt, thats for sure
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
Quote by CoreysMonster
Daron Malakian is an egotistical douch bag who broke up System of a Down. I used to love him, but his new band sucks huge ass donkey balls.

oh, so he's been in two bands that suck huge ass donkey balls.
muse is a great example they go on tv shows th eproducer asks them to lypsinc =| so they agree and **** it all up funny to watch
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by vash_08
oh, so he's been in two bands that suck huge ass donkey balls.

+1, that video was painful to watch.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by billybusa
What the hell happened at 3:50?

They muted the music instead of the vocals. That's why they got thrown off and missed the "f*ck you" a few seconds later.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Quote by vartanspartan
They muted the music instead of the vocals. That's why they got thrown off and missed the "f*ck you" a few seconds later.

Aah.

Quote by WaitWhat?
Most pop bands can't play live so it is pretty common, some funny stuff here though

Trace Cyrus sucks so bad.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
wat?

live performance thats pre-recorded?

kindof beats the whole purpose of a live performance.
Never, ever, ever, ever judge a band based on a televised performance.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
That Maiden proformance was funny.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Coming to think of it does it annoy anyone else when a band releases a live DVD but have different songs played at different shows but one continuous audio track? e.g Black Dahlia Murder, Iron Maiden.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Page 1 of 2