I'm currently really confused, not about how to practice, I know that you have to play clean and slow before going faster etc. But I have no idea what to practice currently; though I feel that I really need to improve. To run away from this confusion I just simply play scale patterns to a metronome fooling myself that I'm spending my hours well...But something says that I'm not. Does anybody have tips?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Try writing your own stuff.

It might be hard and annoying at first, but once you get better, you will never "go back".

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Start playing with other people is the first thing if you don't already. Do you write your own music? If not you should start practicing that. Start with simple melodies and build up from there

Try practicing different techniques, hybrid picking, sweep picking, 8 finger tapping. Anything that gets you away from playing scales
Yeah come up with your own licks, trying to use different scales and modes to make them sound cool and original
Quote by 08L1V10N
I'm currently really confused, not about how to practice, I know that you have to play clean and slow before going faster etc. But I have no idea what to practice currently; though I feel that I really need to improve. To run away from this confusion I just simply play scale patterns to a metronome fooling myself that I'm spending my hours well...But something says that I'm not. Does anybody have tips?

it sounds like what your missing is the part where you play music on your musical instrument.

Try learning some songs and/or solo's that you like. Any music at all that inspires you.

Quote by xxdarrenxx
Try writing your own stuff.

It might be hard and annoying at first, but once you get better, you will never "go back".

you'll never go back to what?
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jul 21, 2009,
Well, what do you currently struggle with?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Timing my guitar playing to the recording of a song.

Because this also occurs with technically simple songs this is very confronting lol
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.