Is anyone else in the UK having to wait what would seem a rather long time for their guitars to be imported into the country. I've had an Ibanez as73 on order from my local guitar store for over a month now with no hard a fixed dates for the shipment to arrive.

Is this normal or maybe because of the credit crunch at the moment not so many ships are coming into the country?

Thrench
Gibson are worst. I once had a '07 standard on order for 9 months. I cancelled after the end of the 9th month.
depends who you order from and wehat you ordered, ive waited about 5 months for my Gibson BFG, but a number of companies are ridiculously bad with shipping, out of interest who did you order it from and id likely be able to tell you if its the company being lazy or if its a back order issue
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
headstock distribution are the uk importers for ibanez, but they won`t deal with you as they only deal with retailers, and yes they are slow at headstock took 3 weeks to replace a pickup selector switch once.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
headstock distribution are the uk importers for ibanez, but they won`t deal with you as they only deal with retailers, and yes they are slow at headstock took 3 weeks to replace a pickup selector switch once.

i have my ways buddy. plus yeah sorry i missed it was an ibanez, they tend to be better with ibanez than with Laney though. They misplace alot of stuff and their systems are really bad as it seems to tell them things are in stock that arent
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I ordered through my local music shop, however, I know that it was headstock that they ordered it through. I've been give about 3 dates so far. It's a difficult situation because it's not my local suppliers fault, they are as frustrated as I am.

Thrench
Quote by thrench
I ordered through my local music shop, however, I know that it was headstock that they ordered it through. I've been give about 3 dates so far. It's a difficult situation because it's not my local suppliers fault, they are as frustrated as I am.

Thrench

all they can do is get on their asses all the time which doesnt help. sadly thats all that can be done.

Headstock have been getting alot worse than what they used to be but sadly Ibanez and Laney are solid makes which shops still want to supply. Just get on their asses is all. May help speed it up abit but not assured
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs