This is an Idea i had for a song while driving thru Frisco a while back. It never really developed, but I was thinking about revisiting it and maybe starting something. As of now the working title is 'Merge Right' and this is probably going to be a part of the chorus or Prechorus.

tryin' to merge right
but I'm stuck in the fast lane
i see my exit coming up fast
aim for the brake but hit the gas

What I wanna know is: does the theme sound Good? genre wise, I was thinking Blues rock- more rock than blues though.

Any critique and lyric ideas greatly appreciated.

*Also, I'm thing of changing it to 'Merge Left', but that would change up the rhyming scheme, and more the entire direction of the song. Right now its: "Gotta get over or I'ma miss my exit. 'Merge Left' would make it "Gotta get over or Ima have to exit"...

Sorry for the Rambling. Just throwing out some ideas.*
***No Advertising***

Quote by Anonymous

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
A rock song in which automobiles and traffic are used as metaphors for life/love has been done, and is a tried and true concept. See: Led Zeppelin's Trampled Under Foot.
Yeah, I realize that. Maybe too overdone?

But writing that last paragraph about changing the name kinda put the tone of it into perspective. it can go 2 ways:

-(Raod of Life) might miss an important change opportunity (exit)
-(Still the Raod of Life theme) might leave my life (die, the exit) too soon if i cant get over (make a change.)

I'm pretty sure I'm goona redo the song, And I might make up both of them, 'Merge right' and 'Merge Left'. Then I'll repost em here and see which one does better in critiquing.

Who knows.
***No Advertising***

Quote by Anonymous

Make an awesome blues/rock album which begins with Merge Right and ends with Merge Left, or vice versa. Get money. Get women. Get mansion.
good idea for a blues rock... cliche but that does not mean its not going to be a good song.
Lol. That is an excellent idea.

...and there's my incentive to get this written and recorded.

Thanks for the great idea. That hadn't even crossed my mind. Where's the kudos button when you need it?
***No Advertising***

Quote by Anonymous