Today as I was at guitar center I was playin some likcs checkin out some of the pedals they had. I came across one pedal that was an octave pedal. I have to say it was easily the coolest effect pedal I have ever used with a guitar. It played the octave behind whatever I played and that would be awesome to use if you want to create a great harmony solol but don't have another person to play with you. Once I get a job again I'll be looking forward to buying 3 pedals I'd like to have. A Boss Metal zone, i have one right now I'm borrowing from my friend and its great. A delay pedal and the octave one. I have effects in my amp but you cant really take the time to switch to reverb or delay whilest you're playing.
My gear
Ibanez RGA42E (6-string), Ibanez RG7421 (7-string w/Dimarzio Evo 7 and Ionizer), ESP LTD MH-50 w/floyd rose
Flashback Delay, Digitech RP1000
Marshall JCM2000 Dsl 100
Marshall 1960a W/ Eminence Governors and Patriot Red White Blues
Quote by Xerosnake90
Today as I was at guitar center I was playin some likcs checkin out some of the pedals they had. I came across one pedal that was an octave pedal. I have to say it was easily the coolest effect pedal I have ever used with a guitar. It played the octave behind whatever I played and that would be awesome to use if you want to create a great harmony solol but don't have another person to play with you. Once I get a job again I'll be looking forward to buying 3 pedals I'd like to have. A Boss Metal zone, i have one right now I'm borrowing from my friend and its great. A delay pedal and the octave one. I have effects in my amp but you cant really take the time to switch to reverb or delay whilest you're playing.

I have a valvetronix too, you can buy a little pedal to switch between the channels and turn the effects on and off. It was only $30
Quote by Antis0cial
I have a valvetronix too, you can buy a little pedal to switch between the channels and turn the effects on and off. It was only $30

Me too.
The playground of the world
what pedal a digitech whammy?
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
cool story bro...

btw, don't get the boss metal zone, you can do much better for the price
Just please don't buy the metal zone, it's honestly one of the fizziest and worst distortions in history, and you will realize that when you get an ear for tone. Get an EHX Metal Muff or Hardwire TL-2.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
what kind of octave pedal was it
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
^Probably a HOG or Whammy.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I'd imagine it was one of the boss octave pedals, if he was at GC and played a metalzone.

I still think the POG and the Whammy Pedal are the best octave pedals made. A lot of tones, a lot of tones, for the price.
Quote by Darkflame
^indeed, i tried the micro POG and it was amazing, i want one

But they are so much expensive
Quote by Mitchell?
Hardwire TL-2 instead of the Metal Zone, and yes, octave pedals are cool.

Oh yah? I'll check it out. Metal zone is less than a bill and I like the sound, but I'll check out the TL-2.

Also, what's the name of the pedal that lets you switch FX on/off on the valvetronix?
My gear
Ibanez RGA42E (6-string), Ibanez RG7421 (7-string w/Dimarzio Evo 7 and Ionizer), ESP LTD MH-50 w/floyd rose
Flashback Delay, Digitech RP1000
Marshall JCM2000 Dsl 100
Marshall 1960a W/ Eminence Governors and Patriot Red White Blues
Don't get the MT-2. Your obviously a beginner and you haven't developed an ear for tone yet but when you do you will realise that its a pretty substandard pedal.

Just buy a footswitch if you want to switch channels but if your going to spend money on pedals, at least get some good quality ones.
The mind-blowing sounds that come out of the Micro POG make me wonder what wet dreams the full on POG or heaven forbid, HOG could induce.