I want to start this rant out with a statement:

I ****ing HATE Michael Moore.

Now that that's said, I live in Germany. In germany, Michael Moore's films are revered as the "unbiased" portrayal of the US, and he is described to be a "visionary" and a "fearless reporter".

I'm of American descent, and was for a while ashamed of that because of Moore.
I used to be a huge Moore fan, and used to believe everything he said and thought it to be fact. However, after researching his films, I found them to be the exact opposite, nothing but composits of clever snippits of interviews and staged footage.

I dismissed it as a fad, that people would soon find out about the way people like Moore direct their so-called "documentaries"

I was wrong. Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" spawned a numerous amount of copy-cats, such as that dude that did "Super Size Me" (one of the worst films I've ever seen)

Don't get me wrong, I really like the message that these films are trying to get across, but what pisses me off is the way they get their "facts", and the way they portray the country they stem from. (of course america has it's faults, like any country, but anyone who beleives america is full of nothing but fat retards is an idiot)
Moore's incentive has always been to portray america as a country of facist bigoted retards, and Super Size Me used some of the worst acting I've ever seen to make its point.
I know that the directors have a legit message they're trying to get across, but in my eyes, if you lable a film as a "documentary", and even gain prizes for your "documentary", then your work should be a documentary, and not a cleverly cut together piece of snippets of interviews that reflect your ideals (michael moore) and also not a report on obvious things (wtf, eating high-cholesteral foods every day damages your health??? I'd have never known that if not for Super Size Me!)

anyway, what's your take on these so-called "modern documentaries"?
Walk Hard was great.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I want to start this rant out with a statement:

I ****ing HATE Michael Moore.

Now that that's said, I live in Germany. In germany, Michael Moore's films are revered as the "unbiased" portrayal of the US, and he is described to be a "visionary" and a "fearless reporter".

I'm of American descent, and was for a while ashamed of that because of Moore.
I used to be a huge Moore fan, and used to believe everything he said and thought it to be fact. However, after researching his films, I found them to be the exact opposite, nothing but composits of clever snippits of interviews and staged footage.

I dismissed it as a fad, that people would soon find out about the way people like Moore direct their so-called "documentaries"

I was wrong. Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" spawned a numerous amount of copy-cats, such as that dude that did "Super Size Me" (one of the worst films I've ever seen)

Don't get me wrong, I really like the message that these films are trying to get across, but what pisses me off is the way they get their "facts", and the way they portray the country they stem from. (of course america has it's faults, like any country, but anyone who beleives america is full of nothing but fat retards is an idiot)
Moore's incentive has always been to portray america as a country of facist bigoted retards, and Super Size Me used some of the worst acting I've ever seen to make its point.
I know that the directors have a legit message they're trying to get across, but in my eyes, if you lable a film as a "documentary", and even gain prizes for your "documentary", then your work should be a documentary, and not a cleverly cut together piece of snippets of interviews that reflect your ideals (michael moore) and also not a report on obvious things (wtf, eating high-cholesteral foods every day damages your health??? I'd have never known that if not for Super Size Me!)

anyway, what's your take on these so-called "modern documentaries"?

Off topic, but THANK YOU. Everyone I talk to about it, love it. I say its a crap documentary because NO ONE eats only McDonalds for a month. It is in no way truthful.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Cool blog.

that's not a blog, it's a beginning of a discussion

If it were a blog it wouldn't have any point for other users to continue discussion on.
Whoa there Corey...Calm down brosef!?!
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I tend to treat them as they deserve - as something to have on TV in the background while I'm doing something on the computer, that is occasionally kinda funny.

Basically, they're a bit like Bruno, but they try and convince the audience they're 100% serious.
Not a fan of Michael Moore, his documentaries seem shooped
Super High Me is great documentary, but I have the attention span of a golfball
ohai little sig.
Blog?
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I liek funnah docku-menteararies, liek Foreasdtr Gump. LIEJK retards aazsct liek taht. :hgha:

edits:why diddnnnnt aht wurkj?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
I liek funnah docku-menteararies, liek Foreasdtr Gump. LIEJK retards aazsct liek taht. :hgha:

you know... at least when I go on UG drunk I still can type coherently. oO

lrn2typedrunk
If this was made by anyone else, every single post so far would be "Cool blog, bro"
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Pencil Man

he has a point bless him
Quote by Momentosis
Walk Hard was great.

Dude, Walk Hard wasn't even a fake documentary, it was a fake Biopic. If you're going to spam, do it right.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
I think supersize me was just meant to be entertaining. Anyone who took it seriously is an idiot.

Supersize Me (with Whiskey)

"It's not an experiment, you just sit around getting drunk all day"

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know... at least when I go on UG drunk I still can type coherently. oO

lrn2typedrunk

Whatha? I'm 113, i mean, 13. I hjkust thiajnkj Foreat Gump represenats retards wronglyly. IAT's vaweery close to mee.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
Whatha? I'm 113, i mean, 13. I hjkust thiajnkj Foreat Gump represenats retards wronglyly. IAT's vaweery close to mee.

and I used to think you were an okay user