Would a ts9 or maxon be best in terms of tightening up and slightly warming the sound of the 5150/bugera 6262. Any other suggestions? I dont want too much colouration but as i say a slightly warmer tone would be cool.
I would try a Fulltone OCD, I'm GAS'ing for one myself.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
OCD isn't the best for tightening up.

I'd look at a Maxon OD808 or OD9, Lovepedal Eternity, Subdecay Liquid Sunshine, and a Xotix AC or RC booster.
^Not great for tightening up IMO, plus it's not even close anymore, you have to get one of the older versions. They had to change because Paul got mad that it was too close.

Maxon OD808 FTW
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
^Not great for tightening up IMO, plus it's not even close anymore, you have to get one of the older versions. They had to change because Paul got mad that it was too close.

Maxon OD808 FTW

okay. what about keeley mods. do you guys reckon they are worth it?
why do you need to tighten up a 5150??
they're pretty tight alone....

but +1 to the 808
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
the TS9 for my 5150 combo adds a good lead tone to the amp, but I wouldnt say it necessarily "tightens" the tone.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by CullenT

Maxon OD808 FTW
too close is being far too gracious to danelectro. it was pretty much an exact clone.

and yes I agree about it not being something you use to "tighten" up the sound.
^And Cochrane was mad he couldn't make extreme BANK anymore
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Best I have seen for tightening is a modded Bad Monkey

Other then that Keeley TS9's especially the Flexi are great products. Also the Flexi is just as good as the Bad Monkey with even more on tap but it colored my tone in a bad way so it had to go.
Quote by al112987
too close is being far too gracious to danelectro. it was pretty much an exact clone.

and yes I agree about it not being something you use to "tighten" up the sound.

what about the OCD copy has that been changed too?

im getting a bugera 6262 and it seems to have less tightness than a 5150 to my ears. could be the cab i suppose.
Quote by CullenT
^And Cochrane was mad he couldn't make extreme BANK anymore
Well, Dano did kind of steal it. The Timmy pedal was an original design of his (as opposed to the hundreds of boutique makers just making TS based pedals), not to mention he offers it for a reasonable price ($125 is not too much to pay for an OD pedal of that caliber), and he works a small time operation as it is. (guy doesn't even have a website, you have to call him to order one)
DO you have a EQ pedal?? If not that may be a option.
Quote by mmjohn
DO you have a EQ pedal?? If not that may be a option.

yeah ive got a boss ge10 10 bar eq, but its very digital sounding.
5150 really needs no tightening. i've owned 2 different OD pedals and neither of them provided anything i couldn't already achieve using the onboard controls. not sure how tight Bugeras are but the bad monkey seems to be a favorite, maxon od808 is also a great choice.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
the 5150 amps are extremely tight sounding, which is why i personally like them so much. My suggestion:

Turn the gain down
Boost the low end
Take the mids back a lil(Not scooped)
Turn the high end down and the presence up

Can i ask what type of music you are playing?