UG, I need a set of minihumbuckers. Putting them in a mahogany guitar in a MH-MH setup. Used primarily for classic rock and perhaps lighter forms of metal applications. Some blues, funk, etc.

Ideas?
Mini-JB for the bridge. I forget the exact name, but if it's anything like the regular JB 'bucker, its a good choice.
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Quote by DA SQUAK
Mini-JB for the bridge. I forget the exact name, but if it's anything like the regular JB 'bucker, its a good choice.

The JB Jr., I assume you are talking about? If so, you misunderstand. The JB Jr. is a single-coil sized humbucker, meant to fit into Strats, Teles, etc. I'm talking about minihumbuckers, like you'd find in a Gibson Firebird.
Hate to bump, but... bump.

Really? No one knows of anyone else that makes decent minis? I've looked at SD and Dimarzio, but there are tons of pickup makers. Surely someone has more to look at as far as minis go.
Theres not much more choice as far as minis go, but I've heard the SD Antiquitys are pretty solid - can't say I've heard anything about the Dimarzios. GFS do make some too but I'd assume you're looking for something higher budget.

Lollar make 2 varieties, ones more like the Firebird minis and the other is more like the minis you got in certain Les Pauls. I think Kent Armstrong and Rio Grande make them too.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by Baconfish
Theres not much more choice as far as minis go, but I've heard the SD Antiquitys are pretty solid - can't say I've heard anything about the Dimarzios. GFS do make some too but I'd assume you're looking for something higher budget.

Lollar make 2 varieties, ones more like the Firebird minis and the other is more like the minis you got in certain Les Pauls. I think Kent Armstrong and Rio Grande make them too.

GFS are fine budget machines, but I am definitely looking for something upmarket, yes.

The Antiquities are pretty solid - only problem is they, well, they're vintage-voiced minihumbuckers. One, I need mildly-hotter-than-vintage, and two, I've always had difficulties with minis; they usually lack the fullness I look for. (Then again, I've only played cheap ones.) The only reason I'm getting minis is because that's what the guitar is routed for, and I am not routing away any of it's wood.

Any others? Thanks for the ideas, peeps.
Quote by Flying Couch
GFS are fine budget machines, but I am definitely looking for something upmarket, yes.

The Antiquities are pretty solid - only problem is they, well, they're vintage-voiced minihumbuckers. One, I need mildly-hotter-than-vintage, and two, I've always had difficulties with minis; they usually lack the fullness I look for. (Then again, I've only played cheap ones.) The only reason I'm getting minis is because that's what the guitar is routed for, and I am not routing away any of it's wood.

Any others? Thanks for the ideas, peeps.

If you want something hot you should try to find the Dimarzio Hot Minibucker that I posted earlier. Like i said, i couldn't find them but i only looked on Guitar Center and SamAsh's websites.

After googling, https://shop.donsmusiccity.com/p-1052-dimarzio-dp198-hot-minibucker-pickup.aspx that was the only place i could find it, besides ebay which was about $20 more.
Quote by Pac_man0123
If you want something hot you should try to find the Dimarzio Hot Minibucker that I posted earlier. Like i said, i couldn't find them but i only looked on Guitar Center and SamAsh's websites.

After googling, https://shop.donsmusiccity.com/p-1052-dimarzio-dp198-hot-minibucker-pickup.aspx that was the only place i could find it, besides ebay which was about $20 more.

Though I loathe the idea of going Dimarzio, the Hot Minibucker does look the most promising at the mo.