I've been doing this for a few years now, but more and more people have been asking me about it. I thought I'd share. Maybe this has been done, but NO ONE that I know knows about it unless I told them.

It's a way you can tweak your switch to give you tonal control over your bridge pup. Flip the selector down to the bridge, then pull it back slightly to the bridge and middle position. If you get that quacky sound and the hum goes away, you've gone too far. Try to get it so it's not quite on the bridge, but not quite on the bridge and middle position. It should hum and sound like the bridge pup, but be a little fatter. You will be able to use the last tone pot to control the bridge pups tone if you've done it correctly.

I always find it useful since my bridge is too brittle sometimes, so I like to roll of the tone a little, not to mention it's nice having the subtle hint of added low end.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i already knew about this, it seems a little impractical though
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by Ghost_bass
i already knew about this, it seems a little impractical though

I'll admit it's a little impractical. I've gotten rather good at doing it quickly so it works for me though.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
That sounds like it would be specific to your guitar... (or more specifically, your switch)
you can just connect a jumper from the bridge to the tone pot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my friend has a strat and it took me forever to convince him to do this, but when he did he said he wishes he found out about it sooner, he sais thanks.
You can add a jumper to your switch to enable using the last tone pot to control the bridge pickup. This is a fairly common mod. I have it done on mine.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by sparkeyjames
You can add a jumper to your switch to enable using the last tone pot to control the bridge pickup. This is a fairly common mod. I have it done on mine.

are you an owl or a parrot?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I thought that the last tone pot automatically controlled the bridge?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Yeah, I know there are mods, which I fully intend to do. Just thought it was cool to do it without a mod.

Some strats come with it wired to the bridge. Mine didn't.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712