When ever i use the peavey revalver III, i have the demo at the moment, i can't ever get it to sound thick and heavy, i double it, sometimes quadtrack it and it still sounds thin. I am using the 6505 and mesa boogie amps in the program panned to separate sides. Am i doing something wrong? Should it sound thick and heavy after quad tracking it?
try these settings on the 6505
red channel
high gain switch on
gain 7
bass 7
mids 3.5
treb 4
lead volume 7
resonance whatever it doesnt seem to do much to tonez on revalver for some reason
presence 5

on your guitar group track set up an eq
low pass at 12khz
high pass at 50hz
maybe a small cut at 200hz
Hey. I wanted to ask, would a difference in the sampling frequency of my Recording Interface make a big difference in sound quality?

Example if I were to use a 24-bit 44.1 KHz interface as compared to a 24-bit 96 KHz one, would there be a noticeable difference in quality?
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Dream Pin
try these settings on the 6505
red channel
high gain switch on
gain 7
bass 7
mids 3.5
treb 4
lead volume 7
resonance whatever it doesnt seem to do much to tonez on revalver for some reason
presence 5

on your guitar group track set up an eq
low pass at 12khz
high pass at 50hz
maybe a small cut at 200hz

So much for "Don't scoop your mids!".
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Quote by Uranutan

Well it's less scooping mids, more scooping everything but the bass. Or not really scooping at all.
Quote by Uranutan

even in real life, the 6505 is an extemely "middy" amp,
mids set at 3 is plenty.
Quote by Uranutan

So much for sarcastic little windbag.
The OMG MIDZ crusading I used to do around on UG was at a time when I didn't fully understand that mixes are about compromise.
And yeah, 5150's are mega middy amps, and so is Revalver's 6505 sim.
You think I'd put up **** settings just to scorn this forum or something?
Quote by Dream Pin
So much for sarcastic little windbag.
The OMG MIDZ crusading I used to do around on UG was at a time when I didn't fully understand that mixes are about compromise.
And yeah, 5150's are mega middy amps, and so is Revalver's 6505 sim.
You think I'd put up **** settings just to scorn this forum or something?

Holy personal insults, Batman!
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
It's what you get for being a sarcastic little asshole
I took the time to post my revalver settings, the least you could do is not post sarcastic comments about my OUTDATED views on mids.
Quote by Dream Pin
It's what you get for being a sarcastic little asshole
I took the time to post my revalver settings, the least you could do is not post sarcastic comments about my OUTDATED views on mids.

The least you could do is change your outdated sig - I must admit, everytime I see it I think to myself, "But what happens if I want to scoop my mids"
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
I'm just playing with the demo, and love it so far.

anyone know if Revalver III works with automap?

Cheers
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald